Newish hatchlings

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nephrurus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Recently I've become inundated with Oedura marmorata eggs and the very first clutches have started to hatch.
Definetly worth a photo or two as the young are exquisitly beautiful. Here are the first two babies, and a photo of the mother.

DSCN7174.jpg

DSCN7170.jpg

DSCN7181.jpg

All the best,

-H

Hi

yes they are beautiful

good luck with them

cheers

Steve

they have some beautiful colours!

so cute as well : )

That's what I was thinking. Very similar to the ones I have seen west of Currawinya NP.

I have never seen that species before, the young are specacular, thanks for sharing. BTW, how long do the young keep those colours?

will you be selling the babies

if so what price are you looking at...... need to budget lol

Matt

It depends how much you feed them. It usually fades by about adult size to a more "deep purple sprinkled woth gold dust". Yes. I know, a very romantic description but it's not too far from right.

-H

Very Nice, I had a lonley male marmorata for about 7 years, they are hard to find in europe (esp females) and when you do they tend to cost about $400+ !. Do most of the oedura look very similar when young?
Great quality shots too, can i ask what camera ?

Most have beautiful colours when young, then they fade to a different pattern (sometimes even better!).

My camera is a Nikon Coolpix 5700....

-H

Some of the most impressive O.marmorata's I have seen are Danny Brown's Meekathara animals. I'm not sure how he managed to take such a horrible photo of this one (will probably blame it on Stewy like everything else...) but it gives an indication of how awesome they are -

marmmeek.jpg

they'e beautiful little guys, reminds me of the day i got my fist hep, he was one of these guys but he escaped eailer this week :(
congats on the sucessful beeding you'll be having lots of fun with that lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back