nice day for a drive

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

levis04

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
As the weather warms up here in S.A i thought i would go for a drive and i was pretty happy at the end of the day.
017-1.jpg

016-2.jpg

021-1.jpg

040-1.jpg

027.jpg

030.jpg

036-1.jpg

This is a great spot, dont see to many snakes though maybe a brown or two, i seen more stuff just didnt get time to take pics. All these were found around the Eyre peninsular outside Whyalla.

Awsome stuff, The Thorny Devil is a fat little thing, also do you know what all those species are? If not i can tell you.
Thanks Tim.

hey all for those who dont know, first was a thorny devil, then two sand goannas, and the rest were crested dragons see over 30 cresteds in the day ,even caught two males having a tiff in the middle of the road. The habitat is salt bush with pockets of spinifex mallee scrub inbetween, no pics of habitat sorry!

great pics those sand goannas are sweet. i seen a coastal on thursday night one the way home first time ever. he/she was about 4foot well i am thinking it was a coastal no light till the lightning lite the sky lol.
well done with the pics

Love the cristatus, we don't get enough herping pics from down that way... you SAer's need to pull your weight! Great stuff Ryan.

Awesome stuff!! That thorney devil is a cool looking thing, i would love to see one of those in the wild one day.

cheers guys i will get some more pics up next time i am out!

I'd sell my soul for a breeding pair of thorny devils *sigh*... I can only dream :p

Those are ace pics Ryan! If only I saw stuff like that when I'm out and about... East gippsland's not exactly the herp viewing capital of Aus though, even though it's getting warm out here too!! :(

The sand goannas are beautiful, it would be awesome to see so many herps in the wild like that.

Love the cristatus, we don't get enough herping pics from down that way... you SAer's need to pull your weight! Great stuff Ryan.

You've gotta be in the right spot in SA though, the only herps around here are blueys and garden skinks.
Would love to live a bit further North.

So levis04, when are you footing the petrol bill for me to come up and stay....? ;););)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back