Night temps.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reps_as_pets

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have an approx. 14 month old childrens python and I'm on the N.S.W. mid north coast. My question is how low can her night time ambient temps go? At the moment she has a heat mat 24/7 sitting at about 32-33°c. I have tried to research it myself but I haven't found anything specific for childreni. She appears to be doing really well atm, alert growing and eating like a little piglet! Also she is having a large-ish fuzzy once a week, does that sound o.k. to you guys and gals? Thanx in advance for your help.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Sounds fine to me. She will decide where she wants to sit at the right temp. What sort of enclosure is she in?
With the food its best to move up to adult mice as soon as she will happily take them.

These temps seem fine. Given her age id keep the heat up to her over winter. Keep an eye on the temps as you are doing. Without knowing what the snake/prey looks like I can't comment on the feeding. I give my hatchies a feed every 5 days big enough to leave a slight bulge.

Leasdraco thanks for replying. She is in a terrarium. Heat mat covers a third of enclosure floor lots of hides etc. Will she be okay though if the temperature gets really low at night? Sometimes we get night temps in winter of 12°c or less. I will look for some slightly bigger mice next week too.

Riffherper she still has a good bulge after a meal.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as she has hide spots at both warm and cool end yes.
I have 24 hour heating for my python, I only need to turn it off in summer on very hot days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back