Night Tiger pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonL

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Just thought Id throw some up, just taken whilst cleaning, please share any BTS pics you may have, I love these snakes...
DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

I only have normals...sorry.:oops::oops: Love night tigers as well though.:D:D

Attachments

• bts131211.jpg
    bts131211.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 282
Stunners! Are you planning to make more with them??

IIRC, you were talking about these in a thread a while ago, they are good rodent feeders?

More? nah, I think 5 is enough... yes all eat rodents no prob though they are picky about the size of them, get that right and they will eat a half dozen every second night if you let them

Nasty buggers! No really I love them but they used to give me a lot more tooth action than the gts I used to remove from tourist accom at an Eco tourist resort I once worked in.

They do a great wrap on micro bats coming out of old Chinese mine shafts around Pine Creek.

Five is a decent number, fair enough :)

Thanks for the dietary info. Great that they aren't all fish feeders, that would be a bit more fiddly w five...

More? nah, I think 5 is enough... yes all eat rodents no prob though they are picky about the size of them, get that right and they will eat a half dozen every second night if you let them

You must really love cleaning up after them lol. That is one thing they love to do. crap.

I fed mine today. Mine only seem to eat 4 or 5 weaners/small adults a month.

One of ours, These are a pleasure to keep. This one is male.

Attachments

• KNT2.jpg
    KNT2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 256
I would love to see the display they are in Jason!

Have any of you keepers had any issues with bites? I have not heard of many bad bite stories from keepers. I am considering these guys, but the venomous aspect would be a new one for me.

lol, they are in a V70 ;).... yes I have heard of people having allergic reactions to them and needing a quick trip to the hospital... I have had them for a few years and only got my first "bite" a few weeks back, free handling much the same way as in stimigex's photo, one of the "tamer" ones just shifted it bottom jaw to the side and tried to hook me with a fang, sneaky sneaky style, dirty rotten things lol. ( no, I bled from one row of teeth marks but no vinegar in the wound)

Have any of you keepers had any issues with bites? I have not heard of many bad bite stories from keepers. I am considering these guys, but the venomous aspect would be a new one for me.

A bite from these guys will effect every person differently, It can be nothing at all right through to a severe reaction requiring attention.
Now having said that i havent had a bite from these guys for over 5 years. They were real stress heads as tiny ones and had a nip every now and then.

These things do play dirty, i copped a bite on the forehead from one of mine... sneaky bastard... though i can't really say i 'never saw it coming' as my eyes were opened. :p

Yours are spectacular Jason!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back