night time lighting problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

julespython

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have 1 eastern water dragon and his enclosure is heated by two 60w bayonet party lights (one red, one blue).
but at the top of the lights there is about 1cm of no paint on the globes an this means the incandecent light is coming out. my question is, wouldnt this be keeping him awake at night because everytime i come into the room at night hes always awake and ive never seen him sleep. also, cant reptiles see the light of these red an blue bulbs? surely they dont see the enclosure as dark when these lights are on. i have attached some images so you can see what it looks like at night as the lizard sits there awake.

Attachments

• IMG_1648.jpg
    IMG_1648.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1647.jpg
    IMG_1647.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1649.jpg
    IMG_1649.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 61
i always had trouble with coloured lights in lizard enclosures, my opinion switch over to a 75w ceramic and it should be fine

the fittings are bayonet. is there any ceramic bayonet lights out there? so is this a problem? can they see the light?

otherwise go for an oz purple night globe. They put out near to no light. I occassionally need heating at night and it works just fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back