No vermiculite,water incubation method!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoting Herptrader- "My understanding is that humidity close to 100% and basically dry air is the ideal." But dry air is 0% humidity and 100% humidity is where no more water can get evaporated into the air without some of the water already in the air condensing out (air saturated with water).

To me both methods appear very similar with the most important factor being avoiding moisture condensing directly on the eggs. Rock is right with good air flow being wanted, My guess is that rock's entire incubator has a high humidity rather than just in the containers.

Can anyone clarify any major differences in the vermiculite and the no substrate method with regards to differing conditions within the container that the eggs are in?

No,- My incubators have no added humidity in fact they would be dry. The air holes are only small so the humidity is confind in the containers and the levels rely soley on the amount of moisture in the vermiculite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back