Nobbi dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange1

Reaction score
Hi all :)

Im considering buying some Nobbi Dragons (Or Lashtails whatever you want to call them :)) but cant seem to find much info on them.

Can anyone tell me what kind of setup they require? How large they get (Ive heard they are small?) and how old they have to be to breed? Basically any info on them would be great :)

Thanks

Adam

nobbi's and lashtails are two different lizards.

you will find more info on lashtails then you will nobbi's.

lashtails are also known as jacky dragons or tree dragons. There is also a article on keeping jacky's in the next monitor mag which will be out shortly............its also written by me :) :lol:

No worries thanks :)
In the NSW license outline they are listed as Nobbi Lashtails, seperate from the Jacky Lashtails *shrugs*

Nobbi's are also referred to as Nobbi Lashtails. They are pretty much the same as Jacky's just a bit smaller. I used to keep one, fed him mainly on insects, occasionally he would take banana. Besides the banana he would only eat things that moved. They are an arboreal species and love to climb. Being a dragon they obviously require a UVB source. They also prefer to drink water by licking up droplets, so i gave him a bit of a spray now and then. Cool lizards..

i have been offered 3 ... 1 ,male and 2 females, not related, ready to breed soon, 9 months old.
for $200
is this a good deal?????
should i take it?
how much are they usually worth?

They are very rarely advertised for sale, but i'd say $200 for 3 is a good deal. I saw those ones advertised, just make sure you double check they are licensed.

thanks, as far as i know they are, i asked him and he said yes.......
ive been looking at pics on the net, they have a cheeky look to them, and gorgeous long skinny tails......
i cant wait!!!!!

will do. hes going to send me some pics of the babys 2nyt, theyre supposed to have red tails right?????
and how can u tell its a nobbi and not a jacky?????

Nobbi's have pink mouths and Jacky's have yellow mouths, if memory serves me correctly..

LOL :wink: so i have to wait for one of em to bite me :lol: :lol: :lol:

GUESS I HAVE THAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO, WHEN I GET THE BABY PICS ILL UPLOAD EM

theyre supposed to have red tails right?????

They don't always have red tails.

Mr bredli is right about the different mouth colours and jacky's get bigger then the nobbi's.

ARENT JACKYS ALSO DARKER THAN NOBBIS, DONT NOBBIS HAVE MORE GREY IN THEM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back