northern velvet gecko care??? help needed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bk201

Reaction score
Well I should be getting 3 northern velvet gecko’s and I have brought the keeping Australian gecko book but am still wondering how people keep there northern velvet gecko hatchlings, the ones im getting will be approx 6 weeks old and things I want to know are housing,substrate,water,spraying,temperature,feeding,places to hide, and should I keep them separately
Any help will be appreciated

In an escape proof enclosure 25-32 Celcius, with washed sand as substrate, and a couple of inverted terracotta flower saucers with a piece of the lip broken off for hides, regularly fed appropriately sized crickets dusted with calcium. All can be kept together. They need no more than this. No water required.
Bob

if you keep seperately its easier to monitor feeding and you can feed them all evenly....

have a chat to the guy your buying them off....just go through a check list with him alot of breeders are happy to help.
i haven't kept northern velvet geckos....but with my knob tails i have them in 5-10L storage tubs....they live happily in there at the moment! they will be moved into a 28L tub which is what i was going to to use for northern velvets...
3-4 crickets every few days would do, spray em with water every 2 days maybe.

hope that helps, but im no expert, this is just info i got from breeders.....

Luke

thanks , il talk to him when i go and get them and probably keep them seperately so i can watch em closely

thanks , il talk to him when i go and get them and probably keep them seperately so i can watch em closely

Yeah, I'm sure he's a top bloke and will direct you in the right direction :)... I keep them all together untill they can be sexed, or one outgrows the others and never have had a problem doing so.

Yeah, I'm sure he's a top bloke and will direct you in the right direction
o , u may know him and im sure he will to:lol:

by the way, how long til they can be sexed?

hmm...i wonder who the seller is ***looks around and rolls eye******* :D

probably around 6-7 months!

Depends on growth, which depends on amount eaten which depends on heating an how their set up.....but roughly 6 - 8 months...

LOL!!! you got everything worked out dont you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back