not guilty

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
in a way im not, sorry if that offends anyone, but out of all the people around he should know. Because of how big he is he is starting to push the rules. thow i dont think he should go to jail but a fine that goes into the protection of the animals would have been good

Do you know the details of the case? I'd like to assume that it was looked into and if he DID deserve a fine, he would get one. He shouldn't be treated differently, not only recieving the same punishment anyone else could expect but you can't fine him to set an example, that's not fair either.

I totally agree H_I_S. They said it was looked into, it came out that he did not commit any offences or overstep the laws in place. Good on him I say for producing what will surely be some more entertaining programming.

Simon Archibald

can you honestly say that if it was you or i that we would have got away with it, its like the whales no one can go close but when mimi McPh. got to close it was a slap on the wrist and told dont do it again but everyone else cops a big fine. thats all i ment. hek i like the blokem, i just ment rules are rules.

thats all
thanks
ashley

We've only seen a little footage that, because of camera angles, cuts and splices etc., may have been manipulated to give a totally wrong impression of what really happened. We also don't know the details of what was allowed by licence conditions. Film crews and scientists (no inference here re SI) often have a far greater opportunity for close encounters than the unqualified observer.

So we shouldn't pass judgements without knowing all the facts.

i think he should get treated the same way as everyone else if i did that i would have gotten a fine. just goes to prove that celbs get away with everything exacpt murder. just like what he did with his 3 month old son. with that croc it would have only take 2 secs for that croc to grab that baby. and steve wouldn't be able to do anything. he got a slap on the wrist with that one. if me or someone on the town did that we would get in alot of trouble. i think celbs should get treated like everyone else who cares if there got money. what do they do to help the world nothing.

spottedpython said:
i think he should get treated the same way as everyone else if i did that i would have gotten a fine.

...he was probably granted specific permissions for what he did, something you would not be given. Also, you don't know that he's been treated differently as we don't know the condition of the filming licence he was issued.

spottedpython said:
just like what he did with his 3 month old son. with that croc it would have only take 2 secs for that croc to grab that baby. and steve wouldn't be able to do anything. he got a slap on the wrist with that one. if me or someone on the town did that we would get in alot of trouble.

If you or the rest of the general public were anywhere near a crocodile in it's natural environment and did what he did, you wouldn't have had video cameras everywhere filming the whole thing. Therefore, you can guarantee that nothing would be done about it if you did the same thing because nobody would know.

spottedpython said:
i think celbs should get treated like everyone else who cares if there got money. what do they do to help the world nothing.

...he's done a hell of a lot more for conservation awareness and species protection than any of the people on this site (including you) will ever do. Unless of course someone becomes as rich and famous as he is.

Simon Archibald

Jeez, Get a life both of you. Simon. Your older and should know better. Go to your room.
Spotted. You haven't even met Steve so be nice until you do.
Peter

hahahaha this site is always good for a laugh eh??

Spotted I didnt realize you were a world expert on crocodilians???? So how on earth can you possibly know that the croc could easily have taken his baby, fact is he knew what he was doing!!

I dont agree with everything he does, for instance having a fierce snake dangling in front of his nose, and free handling a tiger rattlesnake..but hey I respect him and I will not pass judgement until I have met the bloke..neither should you
Brodie

for one i know for a fact cause my neigbour has owned crocs for 30 years and 2 his showed me scars to what his 5ft babies did to him. he said the parents were tame when babies and now he can't even go near them without bing strike at. i'm not saying i know everything my neigbour said there very quick when it comes to biting and denfisive attuide. we also talked about what steve irwin did and he even said that croc could take that baby easy done.

SpottedPython, whats the name of your neighbour who has kept crocs for 30 years???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back