NSW How Hard Can It Be.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't get it instantly online... it takes a process of applying and then waiting for the license to come through. I work in a pet store and yes we do sell snakes and the amount of people who change their mind on an impulse buy when they hear they have to get an expensive license is incredible.

You can't get it instantly online... it takes a process of applying and then waiting for the license to come through. I work in a pet store and yes we do sell snakes and the amount of people who change their mind on an impulse buy when they hear they have to get an expensive license is incredible.

Is the petshop in NSW?

Maybe they will discourage private breeding and make you sell through a dealer like they do in wa. No keeper to keeper transfers here :( gotta pay a licensed dealer $50 to give someone a free snake.

That may work for a few people, but it will just promote off licence deals.... who's going to do what DECC says when someones waving cash in your face.

Works in WA. Haven't seen much off license happening because of it. It is a stupid system though.

Ohh so sorry guys I should have checked first! No I was going by QLD laws. Sorry!

Works in WA. Haven't seen much off license happening because of it. It is a stupid system though.

And it would work to some extent here too, though only for those squeaky clean keepers. WA started with that system so sand groupers know no different, in NSW there is already a massive black market and keepers here are already used to breeding and selling.... Also NSW DECC are hugely understaffed to manage the number of keepers they have, WA has far less and thus they keep a better eye on things.. As I mentioned before, there are probably already more animals, (including the massive exotic market) in NSW sold off lic than sold on

and I bet there will be someone willing to help you apply online at the petshop.

What do you mean you can't get it instantly online? Am I missing something because I got mine instantly

I can see JasonL going into overdrive to breed beardies if he gets 5 bucks each, he will become rich and be able to pay off his NSW breeders license in under 5 years.
No more looking for homes for all those little dragons JL, thank DECC for what you are about to receive :lol:

You can in NSW. Given that this thread is about pet shops in NSW, Ramsayi's comment remains valid.

What do you mean you can't get it instantly online? Am I missing something because I got mine instantly

Am I missing something? My license took months to come through (yes, in NSW).

I may have been able to apply instantly online, but i didn't actually receive my license for quite a while.

I may have been able to apply instantly online, but i didn't actually receive my license for quite a while.

Since early this year (at least March) licences are issued (almost) instantly via email when applied for online.

Yes you are missing something. The fact I was quoting someone else who was referring to QLD not NSW

And it would work to some extent here too, though only for those squeaky clean keepers. WA started with that system so sand groupers know no different, in NSW there is already a massive black market and keepers here are already used to breeding and selling.... Also NSW DECC are hugely understaffed to manage the number of keepers they have, WA has far less and thus they keep a better eye on things.. As I mentioned before, there are probably already more animals, (including the massive exotic market) in NSW sold off lic than sold on
Wish they would bring those off lic animals to me then ;)

huh, the more you know.

In Qld, you fill in the DERM form online, pay your $ for a licence and log book online there and then and you get your licence number right then. Takes about 3 minutes. A couple of weeks later, you get your licence written confirmation letter and log book in the mail. Very easy :)

- - - Updated - - -

I would look into that for sure? I got my licence online from the guys house the evening I bought my first snake from him. I was issued a number right there and then, cost $64.05 from memory, log book about $8, I had the paperwork in the next day and didnt receive my log book until way later? You of course print out the confirmation sheet showing your licence number and that your application was successful.

Perhaps you could include the licence price in the actual sale of the snake at the shop? I know one of my local petshops has an adult spotted for $700 :shock: They could just say $764 including licence?

Edit: My bad.... for some reason I thought I saw you were in Qld.... sorry.... you are in Vic are you MyMitchie?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back