NT Wildlife Park and Marshall Black

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

Wildlife_pk_NT.jpg

I had great time in NT Wildlife Park.
By my opinion the best was the Aquarium( best I ewer seen) and birds of prey display.
Marshall Black had a talk about the reptiles and I must say that the way he presented him self was excelent. People was asking questions and listen with interest.
Marshall_Black_herp_talk.thumb.jpg

He have nice aproach to public and is able to create some bond with audience . People liked him and me to.
His demo was educational and exiting. He was able to explain many things about snakes the way that normal people with out any knowledge can understand.
After herp talk to public, I came to him and introduced my self. He invited me and my family behind the sceen and I met our member baritji there. I am including his picture and Marshall's here.
Marshall_and_Baritji_behind_the_sceene.thumb.jpg

Baritji took blackhead from cage and I had bit of play with it.
Slateman_and_blackhed.jpg

I liked this nice python there, I think that the name of the specie is Sacrabigosa dudlesnake. They are only one zoo having this snake in captivity.

Marshall will come to sydney pet expo and will have talk about this specie.
what_is_it.jpg

Sounds like you had a ball Slatey, I am headed up there for work over summer, I hope I have as much fun as you did :)

Cool slatey,
did you end up seeing the filey in the nocturnal house??
Pinx Wrote:
I am headed up there for work over summer, I hope I have as much fun as you did

Cant Wait :D tickn off me calender ;)

Baritji I did not see them in nocturnal house, but at Ben Wright place. They look like black giant forskin. LOL
And Tommo you are right. It is Oenpelli. I was wondering who will disagree with my fake specie name.

Pinkie you will love the place. So much to see.
I love the idea of no speed limit on road. for some reason people do not drive to fast anyway. Mabe becaose they can.

Looks like you had a good time Slatey, I'm hoping to head up that way on a trip next year, will have to make sure I go there.

I am glad ya saw the fileys Slatey...awesome animals...did ben show ya his HUGE taipan??? Its an awesome snake.

LOL as if i would settle down when pinx is gonna come up here??? sheesh

Yeah..... but they are nothing compared to pinkie!!! not as cool either :D
...im a sweetie eh?

Baritji I have to tell you that pinkie is really good looking girl. I would say on scale 9 from 10 by my opinion.
You better to impress her with something speciall my boy.

hahaha.. I was thinkn of a 10 :D

I will do my best to impress her hehe!! but who is more impressive then me anyway? hehe :p

Yeah cool snakes eh? All but one try to kill ya though ;)...... But I would rather spend 5k on them, then a friken boring ass chondro

When are they going to get around to breeding their oenpellies??? They've had those two girls for years and permits to collect males, what's stopping them? As far as I know, they're the only two legally held oenpellies in the world and so it seems irresponsible of them not to be getting hold of a couple of males and breeding them while their females are still young enough. Or have they done something about it recently which I haven't heard about?

We no longer have permits for them. However we are trying to get them organised, a paper will be realised soon, until then I'm not really allowed to say much.

It is easy for people to sit back and simply expect them to be bred. But behind the scene's, there is a hell of a lot of bullcrap to go through, its unbelievable and also very stupid!

Them occuring on aboriginal land doesnt help much either!!

Also there are 3 girls, and there always has been!! 1 is CB and the other 2 are WC, they are all very old and are possibly to old to breed. So additional females will be collected.

If all goes to plan, we should have bred them within 2/3 years from now max!!

I cant wait :D as they are my favourite non-venomous snake :D

Sdaji,
Bob clark(USA) had a Oenpelli at one point, pretty sure that it wouldn't have been illegally held, or it wouldn't have been displayed on his site.
Yes, I would like to know what is happening to, re: potential future breeding of the species.

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back