NT Wildlife Park and Marshall Black

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why weren't the males collected when you had the permits? I know there are dramas etc but having the only ones on captivity puts a pretty big responsibility on you and I'm sure there would have been volunteers willing to help collect them, I'd be willing to fly up and collect them for you myself if it was the only way they were going to be bred in captivity. I know people who aren't even interested in snakes that have seen them, they've brought back photos. One said "hey, I saw a snake and thought you might like to see it so I took a photo."

Anyway, I'm not trying to have a go at you Baritji, it just upsets me that the males weren't collected years ago when the permits were there and the females were waiting etc, whatever the reasons for it not happening.

I'm excited to hear that you expect to breed them within 2-3 years! Please keep us all updated.

Yeah mate, I totally feel the same way. However I have only been there for just over 18months so cannot comment on why they have not bred them as yet!! i know that they are very hard to find, and some attempts to find them were made, but nothing was found :( we get heaps of people coming in to the park and tell us they saw one!!! Lucky bastards

I can't say I've ever seen one (or looked) so I don't claim to know, but the fact that I know several people who have found them, after not looking too hard and even a couple of people who have seen them despite having never even tried looking for any snake, ever, makes it hard for me to believe they're all that hard to find. I'll have to get up there some time so that I can return with an empty roll of film and say "wow, they actually are hard to find, f#$%"

Anyway, great to hear they have someone on board who is obviously keen to hear the slither slither of little oenpellies.

i heard a story of a guy looking of them for over a month. spent the whole time searching and found one the night before he was going to leave next to his campsite.

stokeh, a member of this site said he found one around darwin once.

Around Darwin? I've never heard of that. I've heard of a couple around Katherine, which wouldn't suprise me, but I'm not too sure if I believe it.

I heard there was a population of green pythons in the top end. Now there's a story I don't believe!

ive also heard that one. some guy across the bay in mandora says he found one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back