number two's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keef

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have had my little girl CCP now for nearly two weeks and was wondering how long after a feed should they be doing a number two? she hasnt emptied out since i got her.

I fed her 5 days ago and still no mess in the enclosure. She seems happy and doesnt mind being handled so I am taking everything is fine and it will happen shortly ... just starting to become a paranoid daddy and want to make sure everyhting is ok.

Cheers

keith

She will, don't worry. Will probably happen while you are handling her too.

If nothing happens in another week, soak her in a bit of slightly warm water and she may go in the water.

i was advised by a vet once that if they dont NEED to go then not to worry about it cos snakes can not poo for a pretty long time apparently. when i say 'need to go' i mean when their back end gets all puffy - like it looks all thickened like its full of poo! (or pee). when u really need to step in is if they have been puffy for a while (i think maybe longer than 3-4 days - correct me if im wrong here) which is when you would start soaking him or if that doesnt work then take him to the vet! if they're excreting the white uric acid is it? and urine but no faeces and they're not puffy then dont stress! she'll leave you a nice big stinky one when ur not ready for it lol.

If a snake hasent emptied herself since her last feed does that mean that there is a high possibility of her rejecting her next meal?

While we're on the subject, with my guys I've noticed that if I take them out into the sun and onto the grass about a week or so after they've been fed they'll take a dump. I can almost depend on them doing it. Has anyone else noticed this?

ether it is rare for a python to dismiss a meal (unless they are a troubled feeder) they are oppertunistic feaders and will pretty much take as much food as you will give them, that is where you have to be careful not to overfeed, powerfeed etc.

Some people are firm believers in not feeding their snake until it has gotten rid of its previous meal, this isnt compulsory and so long as you keep an eye on them they will be fine with a few meals between each trip to the toilet

well I got home today from work and all my worries are gone ... she had a crap! I didnt take a pic but ... case's didnt match up to the others I have seen on here :)

Thanks for your replies guys. first snake so I stress over everything ... not looking forward to the first shed!

Now I will say something here which some may strongly disagree with but here goes anyway. It is mainly directed to Vat69 and the comment made in regards to his snakes crapping on the grass. You can if your patient enough (sometimes lucky enough) toilet train (for want of a better term)your snakes. The trick is to firstly calculate ruffly how long after a feed they will crap. Once you have determined this and after the next feed you take them out onto the grass and wet it down(some animals you may not need to do this) as the snake comes itno contact with the wet grass they will contract and begin to work any waste down. After doing this around the same time after each feed they get used to going on the grass and in doing so will go like clock work. I know a guy who has done this so successfully that he can let his snakes go past the normal day and they still wont go until they are out on the grass. Yesssss this is a true story.

LOL I am doing this for ages. Most of people here know Slatesman famous crap system. Specially David

Yep, Slatey! I aspire to becoming a poo expert like you! :)

what happens if u dont get a chance to take it outside for a few extra days or so? like maybe if u go on holidays? would they hold it until they do go outside or finally give in lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back