nyokos first lay!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

cupcake
Reaction score
about a month ago i put a container of wet sand in with my amyae incase they felt like laying, for ages it didt get touched, then last wednesday night one of the girls started digging, dug every night since and this morning was still in her laying container, i think im gonna have eggs when i get home!!! :) first time ever! :)

heres a pic of my pretty girl, pics are crap cos i didnt wanna open the doors and maybe startle/distract her,..! :)

Attachments

• nyoko 1st lay2.jpg
    nyoko 1st lay2.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 149
  • nyoko 1st lay.jpg
    nyoko 1st lay.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 159
In future what you can do is flip her over gently and if she is gravid you will see two clear outlines

Good luck

thanks guys, im so excited sitting at work, im kicking myself for not having some kind of web cam set up!! :)

Kupper, they were in the mesh sunning enclosure on the weekend and i could i clearly see the outlines while she was hanging off the mesh,...just had no idea how much longer she was gonna be! :) :p :)
actually the other girl is gravid too,... :p

do they have a pre lay shed?
i found skin about 2 weeks ago and was wondering,...

Digging and going off there food are two pretty good indicators mate so you got that downpat

Have you witnessed them mating ?

Yeah Chris amyae do have a shed about 5 days prior to laying

Digging and going off there food are two pretty good indicators mate so you got that downpat

Have you witnessed them mating ?

nup, didnt see any mating, i did see a bite mark on her belly tho, i i figured she'd been grabbed for a reason,.. :)
and yeah, shes normally waiting up tohe front for food every 3rd night, which i was expecting last night but she wasnt interested,..just digging and diggin and digging,...she must be exhausted!!!

thanks Col, first eggs are soooo exciting!!

and thanks Steve, Jade looks ready to shed so im guessing she'll be next! :)

im about an hour from home, cant wait to see what i find!! :p

we have eggs! :)

Attachments

• eggs!!.jpg
    eggs!!.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 86
  • nyoko1.jpg
    nyoko1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 82
Awesome stuff mate

I would suggest giving the female some TLC before allowing the male back on with her just gives her time to build up some condition

Well done mate;)

thanks guys! :)
bit nervous about the cooking, only cos i havent done it before, the container has fogged up nicely, but isnt wet,..was 30.1C when i tested it this morning,...

hmm, seperate them eh, thats probably a nice idea! :)
might stick the boys in a beardie enclosure over night then and back in with the girls to sleep during the day till the weekend, ive never seen any of them do anything other than sleep while the suns out,...
i can stick a partition in on the weekend, they have a warm patch on each end,....

i have 4 new enclosures being made so i can do a better job of seperating them soon,...

thanks for the advice!

awesome stuff mate. My levis look to be up the duff atm so hopefully ill have the same success as you

Great stuff! She looked so cute digging away in the box. I hope they hatch nice and healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back