NZ man bitten by venomous brown snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i guess at the end of the day signs near the gold coast main drag may freak people out a bit, beware brown snakes inhabit this area! But then again being aware of these things may have stopped the bloke from being bitten, but if it was a small snake they can be very hard to see, I guess the snake was just doing what comes naturally in defending its territory and the bloke was just unlucky? any updates on how the bloke is doing?

Well i guess at the end of the day signs near the gold coast main drag may freak people out a bit, beware brown snakes inhabit this area! But then again being aware of these things may have stopped the bloke from being bitten, but if it was a small snake they can be very hard to see, I guess the snake was just doing what comes naturally in defending its territory and the bloke was just unlucky? any updates on how the bloke is doing?

The point isn't to freak out people but to make them aware!

I don't think this bloke was ever going to stop being bitten, he was just plain unlucky.

I don't know the statistics, but anywhere from 3 - 12 deaths per year occur from snake bites in Australia. Even saving just one person per year or making 1000s aware of the correct procedures after being bitten - then that stat would easily drop.

(from all the searches I have done I have never found an average of snake related deaths in Australia yet).

I live on the Gold Coast, I know that Main beach is crawling with brown snakes.
Its the local snakemans hottest customers.

Yes that would work, 'now you do realise the country you are going to has the 10 most dealy snakes in the world don't you ?' Mmm, I think I'll go somewhere else.
The average tourist isn't going to research the deadly animals that reside in their choice of holiday location.

But than again, Im a little naive and just think that all tourists should be told about our snakes. I mean, don't ppl research about that kinda thing b4 they go to a different country?!!

The risk posed by venomous snakes to tourists is very minimal. There are far larger risks they face when they come to Australia...

yea, they dont have snakes in nz so he probly didnt think they were that bad :p

Yeah, but the sheep are killers! They have venomous sheep in NZ... And the possums... Possums attack at the slightest drop of a hat - you wouldn't believe how quickly they can turn....

Yes that would work, 'now you do realise the country you are going to has the 10 most dealy snakes in the world don't you ?' Mmm, I think I'll go somewhere else.

Quite on the contrary... that is one of the (many) reasons why I want to go to Australia !

But...it´s a long swim (around 20.000 kms)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back