oedura castelnaui

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arbok

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

just need some advice. my oedura are a few months old. there set up has been an exto terra 60 x 40 x 40 tank (theres 4 of them) and until recently they have been doing great.

They are far less excited about food they wont eat infront of me anymore etc, so i decided to make the hot spot bigger.. they started eating a bit and have been doing pretty well. but now with ones last shed she has retained skin on the tail which ive tried to slide off but it wont come off and i dont want to yank it off lol.

they drink alot more water than usual now. and i have to remove almost everything in the enclousure for them to eat as they dont seem to "hunt" anymore.

i dont handle them, i have picked them up for sexing etc but dont remember what they felt like in terms of body temp... and today one jumped on my hand and she felt very cold...

[email protected]

regards,
Paul

umm hot spot that sits around 30 and the rest is ambient which doesnt normally drop below 20

I have a pair of O. Maramota and keep the hot spot for them about 33 degrees. Kept in an exot terra too with a heat mat under 1/3 and another heat mat down on one side and they spend lot of time resting on the glass side with the heat mat, they arent afraid of the heat. Only giving them heat until the end of this month then it will be turned off till end of September. However with juveniles i would give them heat throughout winter, Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back