Oedura Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are the huge beautiful velvets I see at Ramingining and other places in nth. Arnhem Land? They have enough chunk that the Cane toads dont go near them.

thats it at the moment , there enclosures arent much to look at , as u can imagine run of the mill small rearing plastic aquariums with a few hides small water dish etc. eating like machines!

Nice Torana crocka. Is it yours? We had one up here about 15 years ago that I got into places the toy 4WDs still cant reach.

Last edited:
cheers steve, yeah shes mine, a few years away from completion though. ile chuck some pics of what is done if ya half keen at some stage. should be a few different velvet species around arnhem land? should take some pics next time you see any of them and chuck em up, be keen to see them cheers

I dont have any yet, but when I see these makes me want to get some, nice animals all round.

03d9b80c.jpg

Got a nip from one of the females.

Yeah it didn't tickle that's for sure. That photo was about 5 mins after it happen.
I caught her once latching onto the males tail, now I know how he felt.
Least I know she has sufficient calcium in her diet.

crocka79, its good to see a local so passionate about Oedura... apart from myself lol.'

Just curious as to why you have the O. gemmata on those 'pebbles'? Correct me if they aren't rocks but I would think they run the risk of impaction much higher than sand...?

crocka79, its good to see a local so passionate about Oedura... apart from myself lol.'

Just curious as to why you have the O. gemmata on those 'pebbles'? Correct me if they aren't rocks but I would think they run the risk of impaction much higher than sand...?

Yeah they are cool critters, the product is actually crushed olive pips. I ran out of clean desert sand and had a bag of it so used it over a week or so, Yes probably would be a higher risk than sand. But in saying that i dont think people give these animals enough credit. At least the substrate is at a size that could be spat out, If you look at page one of this post you will see others using what looks like black pebbles and another one or two using what looks like very course sand? i would be more worried about that! I do still use the crushed olive pips but at a mixed ratio of around 80% red desert sand and 20% pips. I was concerned myself using it but as i watched them consume evey last food item over that period im satisfied they where fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back