ok here's another

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stroppy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Some of you may frown and some of you may delight......

Earlier this year my ex partners son and i went for a drive on a desolate track,, riddled with sand dunes and rocky escarpments all in a short 5 klm distance,,,, being on a back track with little or no traffic i decided to let the young lad appreciate nature,, as we came across a rather lame looking skink,, we decided it might be ill and decided to pick it up and nuture it back to good health.

The young lad had an old fishtank with lighting and heat source etc,, so once we got home.........and yes i know,, i'm not supposed to take animals from nature,, we placed the sickly looking stumpy tail into the enclosure.........

We then set about seeking as much information as possible in regards to feeding and nurturing this particular reptile..........

Low and behold two weeks later when the stumpy retained some colour,, suddenly there was two,, then three then four...........

Wow,,, three offspring in a space of 12 hours........ amazing,,,,,,,,,, do all stumpies look pale an sickly before they have babies?????? and the mere size of them was totally amazing....... how could they all fit into their mother looking at the size of her...........

We soon discovered that meal worms,, lettuce and some mince was part of their prefered diet,,, well thats according to what info we gathered by googling and mum really liked her crickets,, although she did prefer the mince...........

The youngens just loved their meal worms but would succumb to just about anything that moved whilst basking in the sun in their uotdoor enclosure.......

oh and let me not forget to mention that exactly a week after the first three came about,, another one arrived,,,,,,,,,,,,,,isn't that just totally amazing,,,,,,,, four offspring but a week apart...........
Well letting them roam around in the backyard,, they had no problem catching moths and other creatures that came into their view,, so i figured it was time to set them free..........

I went back to the same location where i had initially picked mum up originaly and set them free,,,,,,,,, it felt really good too,, and whilst some may frown,, i feel really confident that they are doing well,,,,,,,,,,,,before i released them i placed a small mark on their backs to identify them..........I know it's not recognosed practise but i did this nonetheless..........

Last sunday i traversed the same track and i spotted one of them,, happy as larry,,, just like his mum used to,,, i can't speak for the rest of them,, but sighting just one makes me feel comfortable in the knowledge they are back to where they belong an doin just fine........

Kinda like a feel good story about reptiles

I think i'm gonna have a long affinity with reptiles

Hope you all feel the same

you seem to get all the excitement out there!
red bellies, stumpies.... whats else can you find??

and i think it was good that you attempted to help it, and then even better when you released them all. people may criticize but hey, you may have just saved 5 lives!

: )

you seem to get all the excitement out there!
red bellies, stumpies.... whats else can you find??

and i think it was good that you attempted to help it, and then even better when you released them all. people may criticize but hey, you may have just saved 5 lives!

: )
well we get bearded dragons,,, lots or roos, wombats,, eastern brown, some rbbs, an along the river we get tigers

Do you work for Hallmark?
sorry jas you lost me,, do i work for Hallmark,,, thats a card company by my understanding,, so how does that relate to your question?,,, I do have traces of blonde if it seems i'm a little slow at catching on...........lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back