Old bottles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay Shell lookes like a trip to London for you. Take your bottle to the antiques roadshow
and get a price. Might be costly if it's not worth anything tho : }

All Australian or NZ marble bottles in good nick and with locality specific cordial companys name ( with pictorials even better ) on them have value.
Starting from $50 up to several thousand depending on rarity,condition,and patent. Is the bottle from Hamilton NZ ?

Forgot to add, bottles with dates on them are more desirable. Dated NZ marble bottles are common in NZ but Aussies marble bottles seldom have dates on them for some strange reason. Kingley Millar the head Broome ranger who also collects bottles told me on a reptile inspection that is was because Kiwis needed to reminded what year it was , the checky bugger.

Last edited:
Nah Hamilton Victoria Aus.

I was told that they are very rare and the last one that sold was sold for nearly $2k.

Anyway dad doesnt seem to want to sell it yet but I was just super curious.

nicholas cage had a first edition superman comic stolen 10 yrs ago and just recently recovered. valued at $1.5mil

Whilst on topic, I found a small, maybe 2 inch tall glass bottle in the mud in the front pond at Angkor watt in Cambodia, has a small weightlifter on the glass, anyone got a clue?
Will try dig it out for a pic

wen I were beach combing i use to find quite a few bottles some were of value some wernt some real pretty ones found out there the eye is in the beholder i say and you must look out for dam bluerings in em

Hi Shell

Here are some scanned pages from 'Collecting Australian Found Bottles...Ken Arnold'
They will help you figure out the date of your cod bottle and then you can value it from there.

Let us know how you go...:)
Kelly
bottles 2.jpg

bottles 2 1.jpg

bottles 3.jpg

I dont have it, my dad has it at his house :(

Its an old bottle, still with marble intact
Its logo says

TB Cruickshanks
Hamilton

and it has a rooster emblem above it.

I cannot find any info on it on the web

Definitely a nice bottle.

You'll quickly be able to find out a bit more at the Australian Bottle Collectors Forum - ozbottleforum.com - if you post a bottle like that you will definitely get a response! :)

I'd guess a value of between $700-1200 but $2000 would be possible on the right day with the right buyers.

Last one I know of that sold publicly was in May 2010 for $1050.

Cheers,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back