olive not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

someday

Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
ive tried to include everything i can.
my olive is probably 10 months old now got him when he was 6 months old.
first week i had him he took his feed after couple hours of it sitting in front of his hide then couple days later i put in 2 more he took them then a week later i offered a rat didn't take it but he ran up to the quail hanging from the tongs and lunged onto that after about 20mins of trying to get it down he gave up and never jumped at anything again
he was a bit cage defensive for them 2 weeks aswell but since that last quail everything stopped i been offering him quail and a rat or a mouse weekly. ive tried senting them and braining them but all that does is stir up my bhp in the tank below. i tryed assisting him after 2 months with outfood all he does is adventuly drop it becausae he dosnt grip onto the food so i choped off the head and put that in his mouth he ate that then bout 3 weeks later with out him taking again i got a pinki mouse and he took that with assist got that on video 1ce he started to take it..

question is should i take him to the vet? being maby 3 or so months with out food my bhp is 2months younger and double size + tripple the weight then him i thought olives where ment to be fast growers..he also had a clean shed 4weeks after i got him

thanks =) carnt get pics cauze cam is broken

oh and tank is a 4x2x2 33 hot end 29cool multiple hides ect he was on critters crumble bedding but just switched to newspaper other day to wash it out

him first week i had and looks pree much the same

So how long has it been since his real feed and since his last pinkie? Just for clarification.

Wrong way round Ben....

Mate, can you give us more info on temps and cage size as well as the estimated weight of the food you are trying to feed? My experience is that olives are not that picky at 0 months

ive tried to include everything i can.
my olive is probably 10 months old now got him when he was 6 months old.
first week i had him he took his feed after couple hours of it sitting in front of his hide then couple days later i put in 2 more he took them then a week later i offered a rat didn't take it but he ran up to the quail hanging from the tongs and lunged onto that after about 20mins of trying to get it down he gave up and never jumped at anything again
he was a bit cage defensive for them 2 weeks aswell but since that last quail everything stopped i been offering him quail and a rat or a mouse weekly. ive tried senting them and braining them but all that does is stir up my bhp in the tank below. i tryed assisting him after 2 months with outfood all he does is adventuly drop it becausae he dosnt grip onto the food so i choped off the head and put that in his mouth he ate that then bout 3 weeks later with out him taking again i got a pinki mouse and he took that with assist got that on video 1ce he started to take it..

question is should i take him to the vet? being maby 3 or so months with out food my bhp is 2months younger and double size + tripple the weight then him i thought olives where ment to be fast growers..he also had a clean shed 4weeks after i got him

thanks =) carnt get pics cauze cam is broken

oh and tank is a 4x2x2 33 hot end 29cool multiple hides ect he was on critters crumble bedding but just switched to newspaper other day to wash it out

him first week i had and looks pree much the same

Does he still have good condition on him after 3 months of no/ minimal food?? what are the temps?? Sounds like he may be nervous or stressed...did he hit anything when he went for the quail (his last regular feed) as this may have injured him, causing him to associate that food with the injury... Strange as every olive I've ever owned has been a guts... Are you able to move his tank away from everything? Try covering the tank with a towel so he feels a bit more secure.... Put his food in and leave him alone... Good luck with him, hope it all goes well for you

o yer sorry forgot to put in they all get coverd at night time and his food is left with him over night i try to keep the room with the snakes as quiet and calm as possible for a day or 2 before feeding with no handling

So how long has it been since his real feed and since his last pinkie? Just for clarification.
since his last real feed 3/7 was his last real feed and 14/9 was the pinkie

Mate, can you give us more info on temps and cage size as well as the estimated weight of the food you are trying to feed? My experience is that olives are not that picky at 0 months
4x2x2 33hot 29cool day old quail, and the average pinkie mouse and rat pretty small

Does he still have good condition on him after 3 months of no/ minimal food?? what are the temps?? Sounds like he may be nervous or stressed...did he hit anything when he went for the quail (his last regular feed) as this may have injured him, causing him to associate that food with the injury... Strange as every olive I've ever owned has been a guts... Are you able to move his tank away from everything? Try covering the tank with a towel so he feels a bit more secure.... Put his food in and leave him alone... Good luck with him, hope it all goes well for you
his condition he does look and feel a little bit loose and when he left the quail after trying he had it sideways thats all i could see and can remember he was a guts every morning i took down the cover he would jump 2 or 3 times

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back