Olive python poo help!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wilde

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ok, so my husband frantically yelled at me to come take a look at our olive. When I came into the room his whole body was in a tense s shape and he had he mouth gaped open wide and he defecated but it was completely watery. (still dark brown color) just before this occurred he defecated a solid. He's fine and moving around normally now but it really had me worried? Anyone know what could be going on?

Was it a clear brown like black cofffee or was it sort of more the colour of white coffee?

That's all good then mate. You'll notice snakes will do this, they'll pass a urea solid, then brown solid and a bit of brown liquid. Not sure about the gaping though, i wouldn't read too much into it until he starts doing it alot mor eoften.

Ya, never ever seen that before. He seems perfectly fine now but it was really scary. Almost looked like he was really having a hard time and then the runs just oozed outta him.

Lol, he sounds perfectly fine. Keep an eye out and if anything doesn't seem right take him to a vet but i don't think there is a problem here. Who hasn't yawned while taking a runny dump before? lol

how long after they have eaten should they have a poo? if it helps i am looking more towards hatchies

i have 2 jungle hatchies about 3months old i think :D say i feed them today, how long should it take for them to poop out the mouse?

about 6 days depending on temperature and food size. Small food items may never pass waste as they are absorbed.

ok thanks, i fed them fuzzie mice i think 4 days ago, was just concerned that they werent happy is all :) also if they dont have any heat at all( mine do, its just a general question) what happens to the food as they are cold blooded, would the food just sit there and slowly get disolved?

also if they dont have any heat at all( mine do, its just a general question) what happens to the food as they are cold blooded, would the food just sit there and slowly get disolved?

No, it will not slowly dissolve.......it will rot, & kill your snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back