olive python too psychotic to tame

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pyalda, I've got a male Olive that's exactly the same. I'm almost convinced he's olive x scrubby. He looks like an Olive, but has the temperament of a scrub python, right down to the lulling you into a false sense of security then trying to kill you for looking at him wrong. His name is Norman. Bates.

Perhaps we should breed them, start a line of super-psychotic giant snakes, use them to take over the world.

On a side note, my boy was a bargain, sold cheap because of how psycho he is, he's around 6-7 feet long, and a week and a half ago he ate 3 large adult rats (he's one of my garbage disposals, and 2 of the others rejected their rats.) He looked like he'd swallowed a beach ball. No one could possibly say he's going hungry, he's just got a mean streak a mile wide.

[Perhaps we should breed them, start a line of super-psychotic giant snakes, use them to take over the world.]
hahahah agreed

Dont buy something you arent comfortable/capable of handling
Cause in the situation you need to remove the snake from the enclosure well you are up pooh creek

When you say well fed exactly what do you mean?
Olives can put away a lot more tucker than carpets
They have a similar build to burmese and our 8ft burmese eat 3 huge guinea pigs every 21 days without even trying

One trick is to put an old sweaty tshirt/undies etc into the viv
Gets them used to your smell
Works well on lizards and pretty well on snakes

When you say well fed exactly what do you mean?
Olives can put away a lot more tucker than carpets
They have a similar build to burmese and our 8ft burmese eat 3 huge guinea pigs every 21 days without even trying

One trick is to put an old sweaty tshirt/undies etc into the viv
Gets them used to your smell
Works well on lizards and pretty well on snakes

I did try this with Norman, and it worked for a little while, but about a week after I took my tshirt out of the tank, he wanted my blood again. I should do it again, see if it works again.

wow never really thought about that thanks Longqi.oh yeah and by well feed i mean pretty much overfed

Last edited:
They're asking for specifics when they're asking how much its being fed, give food weights not being 'well fed' or 'overfed'. It's similar to someone saying 'Nah I have good temps that's not the problem' when the actual temps are too low.

Why does the snake need to be tamed down?

If you were planning on cuddling with it maybe you shouldn't have got a known psycho.

as i already mentioned earlier that i recently bought it (Wednesday night to be exact) so i havnt fed her since she is blind ( merky blue eyes, not far from shedding)

Let her settle in properly. My adult took a lot longer to settle in than my hatchy. Maybe yours is the same and needs a bit longer. Could also want to be left alone if it is close to sloughing. Give it some time, feed it up and then think about handling.

Maybe try handling in the morning when it is still cold.

as i already mentioned earlier that i recently bought it (Wednesday night to be exact) so i havnt fed her since she is blind ( merky blue eyes, not far from shedding)

Maybe that's the reason why she's so cranky. Most snakes get tempermental when they go into shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back