Olive scale Issue?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanR

Reaction score
Hey guys, figured this would be the place to come for a question reguarding my female Olive Python, I Recently moved her to a 4x2.5x2ft (LxWxH) viv with PVC Perches and a Radiant heat panel for heating, there is alot of drift wood and such as well as It's a nice Animal Plastics display viv, ANYWAYS, AFTER her most recent shed, I noticed a patch of what I will call scale damage (several scales, one local spot) and then also 3-5 individual scales at random spots down its back that are either gone white or completely missing, I can not get a close enough look to tell for sure I don't dare put my face that close to her aha, and If I try to zoom in that much it goes blurry..

Anyways, let me start by Introducing her quirky self.. and I'll also start by attaching an under water picture (helped the clarity ) of the " scale damage"

Any help, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, she's being housed in a sterile tank with only paper towel as bedding and box hides currently.

Attachments

• IMG_20121009_112852.jpg
    IMG_20121009_112852.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20121009_112416.jpg
    IMG_20121009_112416.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20121009_112420.jpg
    IMG_20121009_112420.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 84
It looks like damage from rubbing off its shed. The scales should go back to normal in about three sheds.

Thanks, Hopefully that is the case.. Definately one of my favorite snakes!
Aussie Pythons are the highlight of my collection up here in frigid Canada haha

Yeah that doesn't look like anything permanent, a few more sheds and it should clear up.
Mind you every now and again a snake can get some colour loss in scales here and there, all my bredli's have a few colourless perfectly fine scales here and there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back