Olives with difference

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To get any fauna from the TS islands is extremely difficult. They are under the Federal authorities, so you would need to apply for permit to collect in Canberra and you can count your chances of success. Also, despite the fact that the islands are Aust. territory, any animals vould have to be quarantined in gov. approved quarantine facility (at your cost) just like any exotic imports. I amnot sure if "conservation value" fee applies there but if it does, it'll be a hefty one. From memory, the conservation value payable for Aussie GTPs is around 3K. To get to these island is not cheap either.
Buy a captive bred Aussie olive - that's my advice. LOL

*grins*

I'm notorious for biting off more than I can chew....I'm also a hardheaded little baggage.;):lol::lol:

Thanks for the advice, WR.

Yeah i want to know what % the deposit is also lol..............love my olives and would love some of those in my collection if they were legal.
Spectacular looking olives and i have also never seen or heard of them before thanks for the info.

Cheer
Congo

OR the jaguar scenario *Special carpets* could happen and they could be sold legally as *Special Olives*

Nah, the government officials would be able to tell the difference. I'd bet the herpetologists would be able to tell the difference via scale counts. Nah, that one would be a complete miss out. Sorry.

Interested? I am taking 1K deposits now. I will PM you my banking details. :shock:

What's better about them - be specific. Have you seen any or had anything to do with the Apodora?
I think Australian Olives look better as a species

One I found recently in southern New Guinea.....

Attachments

• IMG_8663.JPG
    IMG_8663.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 81
[video=youtube;kAHLyed_4Wo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAHLyed_4Wo[/video]
Cool video there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back