OMG amzing looking snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly as fast as a death adder in the wild
Central Africans are scared stiff of them
Captive ones are always kept fat and lazy

But must admit that is the nicest one Ive ever seen

Nearly as fast as a death adder in the wild
Central Africans are scared stiff of them
Captive ones are always kept fat and lazy

But must admit that is the nicest one Ive ever seen

What do you mean nearly as fast? Do you have info on their comparable strike speeds? I would be interested in seeing any info you have on comparative strike speed.

They are very lazy and sluggish...and for a viper "good" tempered...Not like those murderous Bothrops snakes of South and Central America.

Last edited:
This is such a beautiful snake, I keep showing anybody who will listen to me! So far, everyone's been impressed. I love her!

I once watched a documentary where it showed a gaboon viper striking. It was SOOOOOOO fast! Blink and you would miss it. Also, it is so well camouflaged while in the leaf litter, you couldn't see it until you were right on top of it. Really is an awesome creature!

Wasn't that pretty or defined with it's pattern, assuming it's captive bred with selective breeding?
Nice snake either way, though I'd be too chicken to keep one lol

Thats intence but stupid idea letting the snake free roam

Some people get complacent and forget that most if not all reptiles can not be domesticated and can/will lash out an any given moment as they see fit.

As her sister said in the interview at the end of that clip, she treated them as if they were human. Don't get me wrong, I love my animals, but at the end of the day you just have to remember to always be careful and on your toes.

The same goes for constrictors and venomous species IMO.

Love the gaboons. Their like a death adder on steroids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back