Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
retic/jcp jesus i wouldent think that would even be possible there has to be some lab work involved could a jcp really try and mate a mature retic??? arnt hatchling retics close to the same size as adult jcp's

ud think one would be on the menu instead of in the bedroom..... same for carpets n woma's

Here's a link to the woma/irian jaya carpet cross.

http://www.newenglandreptile.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1615

retic/jcp jesus i wouldent think that would even be possible there has to be some lab work involved could a jcp really try and mate a mature retic??? arnt hatchling retics close to the same size as adult jcp's

ud think one would be on the menu instead of in the bedroom.....

If I could, I'd show you a pic that would make you believe that any snake, no matter how small, can breed to a giant. :wink:

A hatchling Retic is somewhere under 3 feet in length but if they use dwarf retics like those found on some Indonesian Islands then it isn't too far fetched. A retic doesn't have to be 25 feet long to be mature.

Unfortunately you need to subscribe to the forum to see the photo's. Could you post a link to the dealer that created the snake or even post a photo on here ?

Thanks Neil,
I couldn't find the photo's of the snake in question but I did find loads of others and I shouldn't have looked. There some amazing snakes on there. :-(

I always thought herping was about conservation and love of the animals.

If you have to build your own animals then you don't love them from a conservation side.

I'm not picking on anyone, just airing my opinion.

No that's fair enough, I don't think many on this forum have anything to do with conservation though, private keepers have little or no impact on wild populations either from the taking side or replenishing dwindling populations.
Conservation is of major importance to me but keeping captive reptiles is done for the love of it, very few of us have animals that could ever be released into the wild. I think it is best not to confuse private keepers with conservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back