Only urates?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LadyJ

These two days past I've had only urates come out of my shingleback... hmm. I soaked her in a bath today and massaged her but only got a big strain and long, white strand of... well, I don't know.

She was picky to eat yesterday and didn't end up having much. Should I bother giving her baby-food and vegetable oil to help her pass yet or wait a few days?

Cheers!

they will go in their own time .when its cooler they will eat less and take longer to poo like all reptiles.better not interfering unless it becomes an obvious problem
cheers
simon

Thanks heaps, just got some other great advice along the same lines and I can say I feel a lot better knowing that'll more than likely pass... just gotta wait it out for now. :)

Okay... don't read it while enjoying your breakfast.

Brissie (the shingle) just managed to pass fecal matter. I offered her some favourites (grated carrot, mustard greens, a tinned cricket and a few newly shed and super squishy mealworms) and like clockwork there it came... all in her food bowl which she used as a litter tray. She strained a lot to get it out and when she did it was small... rubber gloves and paper-towel examination showed that she'd passed shed.

Yes, she passed her shed (which she went through two weeks ago and decided to use her jaw to extract some of the shed from her back... only to consume the shed).

What should I do? I'm monitoring her and her poop (so, so nasty... at least there's no offensive odour) and continuing to feed her grated fruit and veg along with mustard greens and fresh-shed mealworms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back