opinion on digital thermostat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kahn_10

Reaction score
hey everyone
just wonderin if anyone has used a digitall thermostat like those at animal attractions and what they have found them to be like ???? are they accurate and hassle free????

cheers kahn

ive been using them for a couple of years now and never had a problem. although 1 person i know had woodies breeding in it she cleaned it out and there was like 25 or more in there... so it does pay to take the cover off and check them out every now and again
oh and i sat a digital thermomitor on top of the thermostat and it was spot on!

I would not touch any themostat that required batteries to make it run.

What happens when the batteries go flat?

How is its accuracy affected as the batteries age and change their voltage?

I much prefer the simpler (and more relible mechanical ones.)

Yor are right herptrader, i used one of these a few years back and it went crazy when the battery died, it was stuffed after that, it was a long time ago now, but i think it wouldn't turn on, or wouldn't turn off or something once the batteries were replaced. Apparently they are supposed to turn themselves off when the battery dies, but yeah i'm with you, a bit reluctant to you them again after that experience.

i believe the battery only runs the digital display but hey i could be wrong. it has been on heaps of posts on this site before also

I don't know if batteries would effect the temperature sensor. Hundreds and thousands of people trust their battery operated digital temp guns and thermometers so I don't see the difference.

Most people set their normal thermostat with a digital job anyway so in theory if your batteries are running low all your normal 'stats will be out of whack.

thanks for ya input guys very handy!!!! does anyone use these or have any more info about them ??? all info is grately appreciate

cheers kahn

i use a digital thermostat on one of my fish tanks. i got it from jaycar and it runs on batteries. when the batteries go flat the screen doesn't disply but the thermostat still works for a few days. not sure it the one you are talking about would be the same though. the reason i use digital is because it is more accurate than other types IMO

cheers
James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back