outdoor enclosure advice....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

montysrainbow

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all just wondering if anyone can share their thoughts on heating for an outdoor enclosure during the cooler months. It is home to a coastal carpet python and he has been living in it for mths without any artificial heat however winter is nearing and im a bit concerned. I live in Brisbane and i was thinking about relocating it to a different part of the yard for extra sun (at the moment its in the middle of a tropical garden that gets dappled sun.) OR do you think leave it where it is and run a heat cord through the wall of my husbands shed into a hide/ area on a shelf ? i have been thinking about this for a while but i cant make my mind up :? View attachment 281911The garden around it has grown alot since this pic was taken.

Last edited:
I'd suggest a large low wattage light globe suitable for outdoor use. U can buy them from Bunnings

Hmmm now theres a thought, will have a think about it. thanks!

If it's for a coastal the there is no need to heat. If you really want to do it make a hotbox with heat cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back