Outdoor mouse setups?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry guys what I mean is I get one tub fill it half way up with water and sit another tub in the water? do u get what I mean?

I do the same thing. Drops temps in the tubs by up to 10 degrees on the really warm days

I might of found a solution...my dear old Mum suggested she breed mice and rats for me! Said it'll give her something to do!

Mice are very sensitive to extremes of temperature, high summer and winters will kill them if they are outside and you are inland where temps get very low or high.

Jamie

Well I`ve had a trio of mice outside for a week now and so far so good though I realise it hasn`t been hot yet. They`ve copped rain, a couple of mild storms and heaps of wind and seam to be doing well. The cage has stayed dry, its in a pretty sheltered spot under a fairly thick hedge which should give plenty of shade as it gets hotter.

I've been encouraging friends kids to breed mice or rats, and I'll buy the babies. Bit of pocket money and I don't have to look after them. Getting some strong resistance from mums though :) Kids think its a great idea!

All my mice are now outside and doing well, all have bred. However I`ll be keeping an eye on them when it gets hot but so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back