Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

therat

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey! Just checked out pailsforscales.com and saw that reptile TV thing... I reckon we should get him to kiss a brown snake live on TV.. not just on a photo!!! Good work Pails... looks good, I think we should get him to do some wierd stuff when he does the first show or whatever it is! Anyone else seen it?

Yeah I saw it... Kissing the Speckled brown was cool hehehe
Nice looking tiger in there too

Yeah, couldnt believe anyone would kiss a brown.. must be nuts hey? Got some cool shots of the Taipan... oh and love some of those python pics it's got. Bredli's look nice. I just got one last week, I think it's shedding coz it's gone grumpy and dull ;-(

I had a chat to Roy Pails today and yesterday at the wild expo. He is a nice bloke and a very experienced herper. I have been to his place and seen the way he handles his animals, they are extremely calm for some reason, he just put his hand in one enclosure and pulls a speckled black about 6-7 ft long with out any sign of agression or anything. Although he has been tagged before.....

Yeah I know... I've seen his crock as well. What gets me is how this guy just lets his pythons bite onto him.. calls them love bites! He's a good bloke. Looking forward to watching pails TV!!!!! I'm amazed the brown didn't go him?

Yeh, he spoke about it today, should be interesting. Maybe he was just lucky with the browns.

Yeah I know.. imagine anyone else picking em up... I saw the first skink out basking in the garden today.. was a nice sight to see.. the only decent day we've had. Looking forward to some hot weather. My juvie beardeds are having a growth spurt... do they normally go through this in spring?

I feel sorry for people who feel they need ti prove their manhood by handling venemous snakes in that way. There is absolutely no need for it, just a poor attempt to impress the naive.

Youch.... I thought it was great... more people are in hospital from dog bites each year...

why bartji cause roy pails handle his brown snake where its alright for steve irwin to go out and handle wild taipans and all that. if its alright for steve irwin its alright for roy pails too.

Yes, and Roy Pails is a hundred times better snake handler than Crickey will ever dream of being :D

I have seen the way Roy handles his snakes and as I said before, I don't know what it is but they all seem very calm and placid. He certainly handles them better than old crikey does for sure. :lol:

Roy Pails is a fantastic herp and keeper but all freehandling venemous snakes like that does is prompt some young kid or fool to think he can do the same thing to impress his mates and that when you get bitten. Was chatting to a friend of mine a while ago he was over at another herps place and the guy was freehandling a tiger snake. Apparently he'd been doing it for years never even looked like getting bitten. The snake was in his hands, suddenly the wind slammed a door, the guy jumped and the snaked latched on to his hand. Apart from being extremely red face, the guy also got a week in hospital for his trouble(and a no doubt a hefty hospital bill to match.) All pictures like that (I think Ray Hoser has a whole page on his website with pics of free handling) is give fodder to those who are opposed to our hobby, and thats the last thing we need.
Splitmore

bigguy said:
Yes, and Roy Pails is a hundred times better snake handler than Crickey will ever dream of being :D

From the sounds of it, Roy has been bitten...and old mate Crikey hasn't. I think that answers the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back