Pain in Lizards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dihsmaj

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the nerves in lizards are as sensitive to pressure as humans? I'm asking this because a guy I know practically tortured one, it got caught in a powerpoint, he turned the powerpoint on and exploded the poor Weasel Skink.
He also captures them even though I tell him it's illegal, and whenever I find him with them I have to buy them off him and release them.

It seems they don't get hurt as easily in some ways. Today my gecko was trying to catch a cricket, it snapped at it, missed and banged it's head HARD on the glass. Didn't even seem to faze it as it went on to catch the cricket. If a human had done that they'd probably get a huge lump, or be knocked unconscious, or possibly even get concussion.
Can I just say that guy you were talking about sounds like a sadistic idiot.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter if the poor lizard felt anything or not - while I certainly hope it didn't, that's an unbelievably sadistic act any way you look at it. As for capturing lizards, unfortunately, buying them from him probably only encourages him.

I think it's important that you tell someone, especially if he's your age.

Last edited:
A serial killer in the making?a sadistic, nasty,lowlife peice of scum.wait til he moves onto stray dogs and cats......OMG i can't think what to type cos of my anger.......a first huh!

Umm... stop buying them off him and report him. Yeah, I know, such is life he probably won't be charged, but continuing to pay him money only encourages him further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back