painted dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodney5109

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi, i've been doing some reading up on painted dragons, and have heard that they only live to 3 years max, is there anyone out there that has had better results?

Also just wondering what are these guys like to breed?

Are you on about netteds ? i know theres a few on here that keep them (stunning little things) and i know they dont live very long, if you do a search for central netteds you should get 2-3 topics with them in. (sorry ive never kept them)

hi, moreliaman, i was talking about painted dragons, i've got netteds i've had them for a while, i've only just got my painteds.

That's a very short life span for a reptile! How long do other dragons live for? (Bearded, frill necks etc)

I've got Painteds and my oldest pair are 5 this season. They can be sexually active at 10 months if fed correctly and kept under proper condition (UV and proper temps / photperiod etc).

We keep and breed them. They do live for more than 1 year in captivity, in the wild they don't though apparantly.
I think you can expect a longer lifespan if they are kept correctly, exactly as Glimmerman said. I have also wondered if resting the females every second year would help. Our girl this year clutched twice...4 her first clutch and 3 her second clutch, after that she went in hiding for a while and we didn't see her for a couple of months. I'd daresay it took it out of her. Lately she's been out and about and begging for food again.

They are an awesome lizard to keep...they aren't to be handled though, but are really great to watch in a well setup environment, one of my favourite lizards to keep. The males show really nice colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back