painted dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DA_GRIZ

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey all

what size tank would i need for a pair of painted dragons and how big do they grow

from memory about 8-10cm svl and i would go with a 3ft tank for a pair, keep in much the same way as central netteds

there quite an active lizard if they have the room..
as i say with all lizards,,

give them as big a tank as you can..

Snout to vent is more like 6cm Fully grown. A 3 foot fish tank is tonnes of room for a trio.

ok is it true they only live for 3 years

Jessie,
Painted Dragons are a great species to keep. I've kept and bred these guys previously, and looking to include some in my collection at a later date. They are small dragons, they are not a species you can handle. They are extremely fast and must be kept in top-opening enclosures for that reason...otherwise they might very well run past the keeper and out the house.

They require a hot spot of at least 45 degrees to bask under, and ambient temps should be kept around 25 degrees. They do require UV, and natural sun exposure is best for this, but also some lights available do the job somewhat as well.

In the wild they are a short lived species (as are most of the Ctenophorus animals). A couple of years is the best they do out in the big bad world. In captivity, I have known of animals that lived for at least 7 years. Take into account that they were kept in extremely high standard conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back