Paranoid new gecko parent

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluewater

Reaction score
Picked up a few Amyae over the weekend, cutest things ever! Put in a few roaches Monday night and observed fem1 dive in and eat two, fem2 promptly took one but the male showed little interest, tried last night and he took 1 smallish cricket but not interested in any others.
Bout to try again tonight, was pleased to see him eat something but would like to see a little more for peace of mind. Currently housed together in 90x45cm enclosure, hot end 31. Should I put him in seperte enclosure to monitor his intake easier or am I too paranoid too soon?

Nice choice with the amyae, they are unreal little things. I wouldn't be overly worried, if he's eating a little bit, chances are he'll pick once he's settled in properly. Are the girls bigger than him? Seperating them is an obvious & easy way to monitor food intake, or you could try forecep feeding him, but if he's shy that might be counter-productive. Good luck, they are worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back