payment - how long is a reasonable amount of time to wait?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zard

Reaction score
heres the story

i advertised some coastal pairs

on the 26th of feb a buyer said he wanted to buy a pair and asked if i would freight to NSW.. its a pain in the *** but i said ok (more fool me)

he asks nme to hold them for him to get an import licence..
Just faxed my import licence in, will make payment in full upon my import approval and advise when this happens.
then on around the 3rd he rings and asks if i can possibly send them on the 12th as he is expecting others at that time.. i say ok i will try and work around him.. (kicks self)

the problem for me is he still hasnt paid.
even if he pays today i have no guarantee the money will be there on WED and im not booking them on a flight till i have payment.

and in the mean time i have had many enquiries for people to but them at a higher price in QLD which means less stuffing around for me

so if you were in my position what would you do????

Dude there your pets to sell to whoever you want at whatever price go with whats best for your self if this guys been stuffing you around for ages

Why would you "book them on a flight"?
NSW NPWS are taking around 4 weeks to process import licence applications at the moment, that's not the fault of the buyer. Tell them to transfer the money today, it'll be there tomorrow and you'll all be happy.

if the delay is licencing its not really his fault....

you shoulda got him to pay before the licence came through tho

snake boy he agreed to buy yhem on the 26th of feb then later siad he would pay once the import licence was through which was approved on the 3rd.

magpie i want to freight them form Bundaberg, they wont take them unless they are booked in, they request you do so 24+ hrs before flying them out. Brisbane is over 4 hours away and im not just going to turn up with them to go on a flight.
he has been telling me he will pay for near 2 weeks now, he told me on the 3rd his licence had been approved and as stated in the quote above he siad once the licence had been approved he would pay. should i be chasing him up??? why do people have to make it so hard?

Simple no dollars no snakes.
Its up to him to pay you the money before he starts telling you when he wants them delivered.
I have never sold or bought until the money has been handed over.
That's the way its done, If he doesnt like it sell them elsewhere.
Paul

Simple, just tell him you want the money up front or no shipment. An electronic bank transfer should show up a record of a deposit almost immediately.
You must at least give him the option and stick to your word, so what if you could potentially make more else where.

Simple, just tell him you want the money up front or no shipment. An electronic bank transfer should show up a record of a deposit almost immediately.
You must at least give him the option and stick to your word, so what if you could potentially make more else where.

i have sent him an email to that effect, i wouldnt just sell them elsewhere without giving him a last chance especially since licences in NSW cost $20

but i shouldnt have to be chasing him for the $$

NPWS are getting better, got my import permit in around 2 weeks, little less I think.

If anyone wants you to hold an animal for them, always ask for a reasonable deposit (like half), then give them a date that final payment is due on. Also advise them that only in the absence of extraordinary circumstances if the remaining payment isn't received on the due date, they will be re-offered for sale and deposit is forfeit. If they won't pay a holding deposit, the animal isn't held, that simple.

Simple -

No money no snakes.

Until the funds are actually in your account, dont do anything.

Too many people get ripped off.

Mrs I

xxx

If you have the import licence number then he should be paying straight away . There is no reason not to pay !Anyhow I would be giving him an ultimatum , if the money is not in your hands by a specific date you give him , then the coastals are back on the open market for sale .

If anyone wants you to hold an animal for them, always ask for a reasonable deposit (like half), then give them a date that final payment is due on. Also advise them that only in the absence of extraordinary circumstances if the remaining payment isn't received on the due date, they will be re-offered for sale and deposit is forfeit. If they won't pay a holding deposit, the animal isn't held, that simple.

Agree -

I believe in the 50% deposit... A non refundable deposit too.

IMO, i would email him 1 last time (as you have done) explaining the situation then if i didnt get a reply within 48hrs i would re-advertise them.

If you have the import licence number then he should be paying straight away . There is no reason not to pay !Anyhow I would be giving him an ultimatum , if the money is not in your hands by a specific date you give him , then the coastals are back on the open market for sale .

yep, i sent an email today stating that i believe he is expecting me to hold them for an unreasonable amount of time without any payment and that if payment was not made by tomorrow i will be selling them elsewhere.

i have bought and sold many animals and never had a problem, in fact i sold a pair to a lovely gentleman from here the other week and it was a great transaction. Although i dont expect all to go that well i dont expect to be assed around like i feel i have been.

i sell an animal to move it on then.

Last edited:
Its been said before but

NO MONEY NO SNAKES END OF STORY.

I have been burnt before by sending off the export application (which costs $20 in NSW) then not getting paid. Not only do you lose the $20 but also the chance of selling the snake to someone else. Always get a deposit before even doing the export paperwork or agreeing to hold the snake.

I'm confused.

So... he rang you on the 3rd of March to say his permit had been approved, and to ask if you could send them on the 12th? So what did you tell him during that phone conversation? If it were me I would have said, yes, I'll ship them - as long as the money has shown up in my account by then. I never ship any animals that haven't been paid for.

Have you had any contact with him since the phone call on the 3rd?

miss B that was what was said during the phone convo, i them sms him on friday to say i still had not recieved payment, he replied saying he would do a bank transfer...

so i have sent him the final email.

and i never intended to hold the animals with out payment it just ended up thats the way it has happened..

his last email was the one saying he would pay as soon as he had the import licence 27/2, then there was the call 3/3 saying he had the licence and when he wanted them shipped and ssaying he would transfer the money, then the sms i sent on friday and his reply now the email today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back