Pet Rats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the only hooded girl i've got
DSC05579.jpg

LOL I have another female rat "PO" which I am pretty sure is in labour as we speak or not far off it.

Attachments

• 031008 003.jpg
    031008 003.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 128
I know.... the kids put the boy in with the girls so no doubt there will be more as ther are still another 5 females aarrrrgghhhh but we'll easily find nice homes for them

I kinda feel a bit weird having pet rats, when I have frozen ones in the freezer. :lol:

Good to know you can hold something over them if the misbehave. Just take them to the freezer and point saying, 'that will be you if you don't do as you are told!":lol::lol:

Good to know you can hold something over them if the misbehave. Just take them to the freezer and point saying, 'that will be you if you don't do as you are told!":lol::lol:

Ohh I could never do that....I wouldn't want to traumatize the poor little things :lol:

Hay does anyone no if you can breed rats with no tails? i no with some animals there is a gene were the animal is born without a tail can that happen to rats?

You can breed manx rats (rats without tails) but it is more difficult because the female's tail is used in the mating process. Manx rats aren't common in Australia, you'll have trouble getting them. They're pretty useless anyway, tails are very useful when dangling rats in front of snakes.

PMSL jackrabbit...... a person after my own heart!!!!!!!!!

I have had pet rats. Best pair I've ever had I drove to Mosman to get them. Such sooky sweet pets, the only pair I ever had that I could allow free run and trust them not to go anywhere. Except they killed my mice while out one night :(

is that bubbles and squeek? or a different 1 ???

manx rats are really rare at the moment and they don't do the best in the heat becasue there tail is also used to lower the body temperture. but if anyone is breeding them let me know..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back