Pet Spiders?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, other than the fact that you can freak them out, it gets a bit annoying when they make such a big deal if they see a tiny jumping spider. They think I'm so weird when I pick up a spider or call one cute or call a snake cute.
Really though, get over it.
haha oh well, each to their own :rolleyes:
Most of my friends spend their lives facebooking, following 1D or those janoskian people, complaining about their hair and putting on makeup. I also am addicted to a social networking site.... it's called APS and I learn a lot more from it than I do from FB. :rolleyes:

Oh and I've seen them for sale on the green scorpion but I don't have to pay if I find them :)

Yeah, other than the fact that you can freak them out, it gets a bit annoying when they make such a big deal if they see a tiny jumping spider. They think I'm so weird when I pick up a spider or call one cute or call a snake cute.
Really though, get over it.
haha oh well, each to their own :rolleyes:
Most of my friends spend their lives facebooking, following 1D or those janoskian people, complaining about their hair and putting on makeup. I also am addicted to a social networking site.... it's called APS and I learn a lot more from it than I do from FB. :rolleyes:

Oh and I've seen them for sale on the green scorpion but I don't have to pay if I find them :)

+1 to that! My friends follow all that crap but I don't!!!! APS, that's where it's at I say!
I'm a heavy metal and rock fan and they all hate my music....guess the generations have changed. I can't stand mainstream but hey? Everyone has what they like... I don't know why no-one likes snakes or spiders for that fact. I had a friend over once which I normally don't do because they are scared or jumpy around snakes. So she wanted to hold one. I thought maybe she did and was just acting at school because of peer pressure at school, so I gave her my 4 month old spotted to hold. Only around 20-30cm at that time, she screamed as soon as I bought her out :rolleyes: Don't even get me started when she saw my 5 jars of Red backs!

Any way, that was off topic! Back to spiders: In my opinion spiders actually make great pets. Cheap to feed, don't require heating and don't need attention! They just give out the ooh and ahh affect :D

Very true! ^^^ i dont even have facebook. waste of time IMO and it really doesn't interest me bagging people online :rolleyes:
I can see from your signature that you like heavy metal and rock. I don't mind it but I won't say I love it. But I'm not into all the 21st century music and boy bands etc. I really like music from the 80's and around that. I love ELO and a heap of other stuff from that era.

Anyway back on topic. they are very simple to keep.
Lol when my brother was in prep ages ago he got a certificate for catching a huntsman and bringing it to school!

I can't find good enclosures online though! They aren't all that tall and they get extremely expensive. Not that I mind paying but it is very overpriced! hmm
do you recommend glass, mesh or plastic tubs?

Very true! ^^^ i dont even have facebook. waste of time IMO and it really doesn't interest me bagging people online :rolleyes:
I can see from your signature that you like heavy metal and rock. I don't mind it but I won't say I love it. But I'm not into all the 21st century music and boy bands etc. I really like music from the 80's and around that. I love ELO and a heap of other stuff from that era.

Anyway back on topic. they are very simple to keep.
Lol when my brother was in prep ages ago he got a certificate for catching a huntsman and bringing it to school!

I can't find good enclosures online though! They aren't all that tall and they get extremely expensive. Not that I mind paying but it is very overpriced! hmm
do you recommend glass, mesh or plastic tubs?

ahahahahaha, yeah....my signature makes it obvious lol! And for the record I don't have FB either! Waste of time and people don't need to know the inside story of my life and how I feel every 2 seconds!!!!

For enclosures, All of those are great choicesalthough for the plastic and glass ones air holes of some kind! Glass is great and what I use but I also use plastic tubs for huntsmen with drilled air holes. A 20l-50l tub (depending on how much room you want to give) should suit a huntsman fine :)
I don't buy online that often...normally garage sales, op shops, cheap as chips, the reject shop, neds, etc will have all the stuff I need! Some few pet shops as well...depending on prices!!!

Yeah lol. Status update - just went to the toilet! ummmm who cares?

Mmmm I like the look of glass but plastic can be very practical and cheap. You're lucky to find enclosures and things like that at garage sales and op shops! don't think I've ever seen stuff like that!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, probably a very stupid question but there are many varieties and need to know.
What species of golden orb is found around Vic? ornata/plumipes, edulis or pilipes?
Thanks very much everyone!
And will I find the social huntsman - delena cancerides - around suburban SE suburbs of Melbourne? Or neosparassus or holconia or all of the above?

- - - Updated - - -

Any enclosure pics from anyone is much appreciated!

thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back