Petlink crackdown on reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: Petlink crackdown on reptiles

Why shouldn't selling rodents as food be banned? It is in many petshops.
I am sure rodent fanciers maybe complaining against the idea just as loudly as those reptile keepers complaining for it. As I said the staff can't win 1 way or another. I would hate to state the obvious but why can't members advertise rodents without implying they are to become fodder? No harm in selling them as pets & once they leave your possession become either pets or food.
Do you actually believe what you are saying or are you just argueing for the sake of it. For sale frozen pet rodents :lol:

Hey J and C

It seems to be just the reptile section

Thanks

Matt

Re: RE: Re: RE: Petlink crackdown on reptiles

JandC_Reptiles said:
You should of emailed the webmaster & left it up to them to clean it up.

Just a quick question, by the title of this thread are the new rules etc only set for the reptile section or ALL of the site?

I did e-mail them and after 2 days of them doing nothing I had to make sure that the principal of the school was aware of it so he could stop use of the site during school hours. Kids had already accessed the site.

I believe all area's of the site are concerned.

That's why we have mods to control the ???? Maybe they need some sort of forum area which is watched closely.

lol I was thinking live rodents sorry.
Ok I see your point. I guess advertising elsewhere is the only option then or sell them alive.

I quite agree Shamous:

I also don't think it is fair to be banned for atempting to sell rats as food.

I know that quite a few people attempted to contact petlink with reference to the inflammatory remarks but did not think they would crack down on people who sell reptile food.

In this case I think the site controller made the decision that to cut away everything that isn't 'directly herp related'. With this in mind, there have been a few complaints I have seen that people should not sell mice in the site for feeding reptiles.

Understand that the site controller themself may not have one iota of an idea of what it is needed for herps and that the controller could possibly be someone who doesn't own a pet and has simply drawn a line.

I am pretty sure that if enough people contact the site controller requesting that to sell mice/rats as food, they might possibly reinstate people into the site. Also the additional comments like'the mice are washed, frozen and packed' may give the controller the knowledge that we are not killing "Little Johnnie's" PET mice and rats willy nilly, but instead are selling herp related products.

Well maybe emailing the webmaster & explaining this might help.
Maybe they will re-instate Herp Fodder if they are educated on Reptiles needs.

Your not really reading all that is typed by me are you. I have e-mailed them and suggestions have been made. I have no need to go back. The people on this site (mod wise) are far more easier to deal with and communicate a lot better. IMO :)

Well there is nothing else you can do.
Complaining here isn't going to help any is it?
Don't use that site in the future if you are not happy with its service simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back