Pgymy Beardie Help!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been doing my intensive research for beardies since deciding on keeping them and I am struck by your lack of proper investigation into basic keeping here which cannot be ignored.

Surely if you had researched or bought a book you would realise that 33 is far too cool?? since when has an arid desert location been a mild 33? Commonsense should tell you that needs immediate rectification.

The uv lighting at two vs ten is such a significant factor that for two weeks with less than adequate uv absorption these lizards have suffered immensely, unable to digest and process the food you've given them and unable to create energy for themselves to grow and be active.

The calcium once a week is sub standard also!! I am reading most articles suggesting five days a week dusting live food and fresh greens with calcium with d 3 and many choosing to give multivitamin supplements on weekend s for instance.

You need to realise that the most typical reason for shaking seems to be the mbd and that the inadequate calcium and uv exposure that you've unfortunately persisted with for the last two weeks suggests that's exactly what it is.

if I were you I'd take a huge interest into the advice being given in this thread and research treatments for this, as well as rectify all problems immediately... Not a moment to waste in giving correct uv and dosing fully every meal with calcium d 3!!!!

Good luck and I hope they can be saved! Don't assume theyre already dead and buried, if you can't look after these ones maybe you need to rethink purchasing replacements until you've caught up on substantial knowledge.

i havent researched em because they are ment to be my partners little brothers hes meant to do this research not me but now i am the one having to do it and im pissed off that my partners brother hasnt done any research on it im pulling my hair out coz no where is open to get these globes to day

i havent researched em because they are ment to be my partners little brothers hes meant to do this research not me but now i am the one having to do it and im pissed off that my partners brother hasnt done any research on it im pulling my hair out coz no where is open to get these globes to day

ummm i think you will find most places are open of a saturday AND sunday now days ..... there is a place at liverpool you could get them

get their basking temp up to 45celcius asap and let them get within 10-20cm of the uvb tube

its sunny, and sun is the best form of UVB you can offer them.

a good dose of calcium, then a good dose of sun.

obviously you need to find a way to do this safely, so they cant escape and dont get cooked.

Aren't you near the biggest supplier of reptile equipment out that way? http://www.thereptileshop.com.au/

I hope you find something, I would take the tank near a window to improve uv absorption at least

It sounds like this kid was too young to have a reptile licence to begin with. Its terrible that people can be so irresponsible

Note- UVB do not pass through glass- putting them near a window wont do anything unless the window is open and there is direct exposure :)

And I'm sorry but nowhere in any post do you suggest these weren't your pets, in fact you spoke in the "my dragons" context and gave details of how you feed and care for them and have done for two weeks, so I can't before that the responsibility has not been yours to know about these creatures in enough detail to be able to give them their basic needs of temps and uv exposure.

Its just disturbing, keeper licences are designed to protect animals from clueless ownership but its obvious that is by no means successful.

I agree take them outside and definitely ring around cause there are plenty of stores open.

Note- UVB do not pass through glass- putting them near a window wont do anything unless the window is open and there is direct exposure :)

Good to know thanks kitah ;) very important distinction!!

great way to sun your beardies if you have sunny, screened windowsillls,.....

Attachments

• Sunning.jpg
    Sunning.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 30
liquid calcium is good stuff, got some from vet once when i had a beardy showing signs of deficiency. within 48 hrs had a complete turn around, just 1-2 drops of the liquid a couple times a day, plus good uv exposure

liquid calcium is good stuff, got some from vet once when i had a beardy showing signs of deficiency. within 48 hrs had a complete turn around, just 1-2 drops of the liquid a couple times a day, plus good uv exposure

Yeah had the same experience it's like roids for lizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back