photos of your turtles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed you have a pug, the better half wants a pug or french bulldog but Im not sold. I just started a thread of funny animal pics and 90% of the dressed up dogs are pugs. Wonder why :)

there are definitely native painted turtles. Not sure if the one in the photo is though...

Not sure, turtle laws are a bit funny, I dont think your allowed any in Tas anymore and when they changed it a whole lot were brought to melb for adoption, its all a bit strange.

Here is a few photos of 3 of the 14 adult Oblong I have in my turtle pond.
If this season goes well, I should have a pond set up for some Flat Shell Turtles.

Turtlepond001.jpg

Turtlepond002.jpg

Turtlepond004.jpg

id love a turtle pond!

its strange that they actually took peoples turtles away from them... =S

I just noticed you have a pug, the better half wants a pug or french bulldog but Im not sold. I just started a thread of funny animal pics and 90% of the dressed up dogs are pugs. Wonder why :)
hahahah best dogs we getting a french bulldog soon too

im pretty sure thats and exotic.

awesome little turtles. the pig noses are awesome and very high on my list to get asap.
lookin forward to seein more.

they legal in qld?

yeah they are =] we were gonna get some...

oh wait pignose or painted?

Yeah it is a bit sad, prob a good reason but I havent looked into it. Im building a pond at the moment but its just a hole so far lol, going to put a cage type thing over it (like giant bird cage) and keep gippys in it as well. I will use permaculture to filter the water and grow vegies. The dragons will keep bugs off them and the turtle poo will fertalize them and the cage will keep cats out. :) Big project.

There is a photo of one of my dogs in the funny animal pic thread I just started.

Yeah it is a bit sad, prob a good reason but I havent looked into it. Im building a pond at the moment but its just a hole so far lol, going to put a cage type thing over it (like giant bird cage) and keep gippys in it as well. I will use permaculture to filter the water and grow vegies. The dragons will keep bugs off them and the turtle poo will fertalize them and the cage will keep cats out. :) Big project.

oh wow. Sounds like its going to be an awesome project! pics when its all done =]

painted are... and i assume pig nosed are as well? we get one restricted species and i think they are. Dont quote me on this =S

oh and the guy that runs the huge australian turtle forum/society sells painteds for a very reasonable price

Join Australian Freshwater Turtles, all the info is there and breeders. Best way to get healthy and fair priced turtles.

Yeah I will put pics up when its done but most likely wont be until summer and all the animals in by next year.

Expensive hobby, turtle and fish tanks chew electricity, well worth it though.

but what we spend in electricity is made up by the lack of vet bills, flea stuff, more expensive food ect, of a cat or dog =]

definitely should!

it doesnt really use toooo much if you only have a small collection... i only have 2 turtles and a python and its hardly more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back