Photos to sahare with you guys

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazza101

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Photos to share with you guys

A land mullet (Egernia major) that I have been tracking for some time. Finally found it. Sorry second photo aint that good in focus but it can be hard some times when holding a camera in one hand and a wild reptile that is approx. two feet long in the other by your self. I got some nice scratches to the wrist. This specimen was released were I finally found it, I believe it is still living in the same area and expect to get more study done with this particular animal. Its ears were full of ticks and also behind his front legs. I pulled a few out that were protruding from his outer scales. I hope you like pics.

Attachments

• mullet 001.jpg
    mullet 001.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 49
  • mullet 002.jpg
    mullet 002.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 40
  • mullet 003.jpg
    mullet 003.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 63
Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to head back to the location were I found it later and if I can catch it again I will give it a nice oil bath, that way the ticks get suffocated and disperse from its scales. No harm to the lizard, but the ticks dont die.

nice find there dazza i court one of them the offer day.
They have sharp claws aye.. ive still got my scrathers.

I worked with Harry E. back in the 90's and he showed me lots of scientifical stuff. There are not alot of mullets around here, so im looking into this particular one.
There feeding and basking habits mean alot, and also there movements and boundarys during there foraging. It is the wrong time of year for him to be looking for a partner. But Ive realised that this mullet that Ive called (LM225) hasnt always been there, because Ive frequented this spot for many years.
Big question is, is were are the females and how far will the males travel to find them.

moresense.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back