Pic of Tiliqua gerrardii

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just thought I'd share a pic of this baby bluey I found whilst mowing the lawn. He was hiding in the long grass (the lawn hadn't been mowed for awhile). Anyways enjoy, he had a pretty interesting pattern around his face (as you might see).

Closeup1.jpg

Image1.jpg

sorry about the size, i thought I had resized them enough... obviously not.

G'Day Grant, that's actually a baby Pink Tongued Skink, a relitive of the Blue Tongues, who are actually born with a blue tongue that changes to pibk when they get older.

yep that is a pink tongue. top little fellow, they are a little longer between the front and back legs than a bluey. Im glad you didn't hit him with the mower. I just came in from doing my edges and i killed about three little skinks without even seeing them.

and its either Hemispheridon or Cyclodomorphus(more likely) but not Tiliqua.
Lovely thing to find Grant.

Is it just my imagination, or does he have half of Australia mapped on his head?

re Pic

junglemad said:
yep that is a pink tongue. top little fellow, they are a little longer between the front and back legs than a bluey. Im glad you didn't hit him with the mower. I just came in from doing my edges and i killed about three little skinks without even seeing them.
I used to mow my mothers second block which is divided from the first and backs onto the railway at thirroul,the grass was very long and ide run over she oak adults regularly,that was a pity. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back