Picking up herps from Sydney Airport Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

falconboy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a flight getting into Sydney 8.45 one morning with a herp, but I can't get there til closer to 9.45. Can someone tell me, if 8.45 is the flight arrival time, is it another half hour or so before the reptile can be picked up anyway? In which case it might be alright - I want it sitting for as short a time as possible!!!

Thanks

Is it going to an AAE depot? When we collected our new beardie from the airport, his flight landed around 5.50pm and we were told to collect him around 6.30pm... so that's around 40 mins processing time.

Yeah give them about 30mins. They can get it in a lot quicker than that if they know you are waiting though, like within 5-10mins. And it's not a problem if it sits there for a few hours. The office is air conditioned so there won't be any issues.

If you are worrying about half to one hour, how do you think I felt when they lost one of my incoming Woma's for 2 days!! :x

Thats exactly why I wanted to be there not long after they arrive. Its not their well being in the container that concerns me, its the fact that they will be left alone at the AAE office!

HAHA, I had no issues with my Diamond from Pails at AAE. It shouldn't matter if you have to wait, AAE have their own parking which you don't have to pay for.

It's also a good idea to ring them up and quote your consignment number and check if the flight is late or on time etc.
Many times I've sat around out there for 1-2 hours due to flight delays.

Whats the best way to get there - I'm under the impression its near the domestic terminal somewhere? Do you turn off just as you enter the terminal (clear signs?) I hate the airport. Worst thing about living in Sydney.

I picked mine up 30-40 mins after landing , but i would get there ASAP , you just never know what can happen with AAE .....

I am so glad I don't live in Sydney any more!!! I just go to my little local rural airport and watch them land, take my baby off the plane and walk it straight through the AAE doors and put it in my hands!! Easy as for me.
Wish I could help you Falconboy.. I used to have a hard enough time picking up people from Sydney.. let alone freight!!:) Good luck

Yeah I hate the place. At least tomorrow morning just after 9 it shouldn't be too bad.

Mate, you should see Tasmanias airports. You'd think you were in hicksville (maybe you would be!) :), they are fantastic. No wonder people from elsewhere hate coming to Sydney!

As mrdestiny said , on the left as you are leaving ,just look for the sign and the courier trucks / vans ...... but make sure your in the left lane , before you get there or you will be doing the loop again ( damn taxis ) hehehe .

Yeah I hate the place. At least tomorrow morning just after 9 it shouldn't be too bad.

Mate, you should see Tasmanias airports. You'd think you were in hicksville (maybe you would be!) :), they are fantastic. No wonder people from elsewhere hate coming to Sydney!

Last time i went it was late at night and it will still bad , but i've been there 40 times in the last few years so it gets easier each time ..........one thing i have learnt if you need to change lanes just do it , no one will let you in other wise and you will go round and round that loop

Tomorrow morning. Can't wait for the cute little guys (well, guy and girl actually). They are the strophurus ciliaris Ari was recently selling. (Pic below is by Ari)

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back