Pics from National Zoo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hickson

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Had to go down to Canberra today for family stuff, once that was out of the way I headed off to the National Zoo and Aquarium. After taking a few pics the battery ran out. Saw one of the biggest pignosed turltes i've ever seen, and a giant moray. The Blood Python was curled up under it's bowl and pretty-well invisible. Most of the reptiles (and there's only a handful) are in enclosures resembling caves. OK for some creatures, but not for Green Tree Frogs!

Pics are in my album
http://www.aussiepythons.com/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=60378

main.php

:p

Hix

Hey that was a pic you took at my house Hix.......:lol:

By the title i was under the impression there would be more than one?

pics are in his album......like it says bry:rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

donk

great pics loved the moray eel the most :D, cheers
brad

pics are in his album......like it says bry:rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

donk

awwww donk ka donk!
i just thought there would be at least one more here....to intise me to look in said album :p

looks like an awesome place to visit...will remember that one.

awesome... thanx for sharing mate!!!!!!
is that a red tailed boa..? kinda looks like the one i cuddled at cairns tropical zoo...

Last edited:
Red-tails? Don't know. Was concentrating on the head.

:p

Hix

YAY, my fav zoo in Aus (maybe thats cause the staff were so lovely while I was working there). It was while working at the zoo and doing a day in the aquarium (had to leave my beloved primates for the day) that I really got interested in snakes (had never fed a snake before, but got to feed all the on display ones, was brilliant!!!) Would recomment the zoo to anyone, for a small, non government run zoo, its run really well and has lots of animals.
Hix, was Artaki the sun bear on display? I didnt realise the size of his claws until I was up close and hand feeding him, wow...

Cheers

it's a fantastic zoo. i visited it in the late 90's, back then it was very disappointing. then a big cat lover with money to burn invested alot of money in the cat exhibits among other things, and now the place is simply amazing, some of the best cat exhibits ive ever seen!

Deffinately not a retic and yes hix i think your right by saying its a red tail. I wish we could keep them.

Cameron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back