Piebald Ball Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

starr9

Reaction score
Hey everyone!!

Just found a Piebald Ball Pythons for sale and was thinkn are these allowed in Australia?!?!?!

Thankx!!!!

No, they are illegal to own in Australia unless you are a zoo.

That is what i thought! its for sale on an OZ site.

Thank you!!

you are so right! iv just come across a few for sale in the Brisbane area for $300

Why would you want one? they look so ridiculous. Leucistic ball pythons or nomal ball pythons are far more attractive. As everyone else has said, they are illegal in Aus - we aren't allowed to have any exotic reptiles

I dont want one. Im very new to all this and was just cheeking to see if i was correct that you cant have them in OZ unless ur a Zoo.

Oh sorry I took it as in you were asking because you were interested in getting one if they are legal. It's beyond me why US breeders wanted to breed something that's half normal pattern and half white but then again each to their own I guess.

I dont think I really need to add this but there are also other species that scammers use to rip people off, and some of those species are legal in Australia. I've seen African grey parrots and Hyacinth macaws advertised for very cheap prices - be careful if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

Last edited:
No your ok! Im so with you on that!! Iv bn reading more about all that and trying to get my head around why ppl would want to mess with something thats just so amazing as it is!! And it makes me mad that ppl who are just starting out (like me) go looking to see $ and speceis and have ppl like that tell you u can have them in OZ etc.

Im just so glad I know i can get on here and everyone helps me out!! THANK YOU!!!

I here you!! Iv seen the same thing!!!!

Makes me feel stupid for sending my credit card details.. Well if the're not going to send me the ball python they better at least send me a pie... ;)

Australis is breeding pied carpets, much more attractive then balls.

Same here, Australis where are you??? ;) I would love to get some more details about this, it sounds really exciting!!!

Back on track, i came accross 2 ads selling exotics on an Aus website and reported the ads and wrote a nice e-mail to the site owners telling them my reasons for reporting the ads and i included the fact that they are highly illegal in Australia and about people getting scammed etc. If you can report the ad/s then i would, it saves someone not as smart as you getting caught up in the mess.

I think i also saw this ad! i was very excited at first as had owned these in the UK a year ago just before i moved here and thought i could get them again! good thing i thought about it for a while haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back