piercing gone wrong, need advice.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol bourbs i was going to say that thats what i did with my ear it works to, and using a piercing gun it isnt the gun its the person if they play with it to much and all that or it rubs when sleeping ti will get infected it ill happen with a needlt also

If the piercing is indeed infected - Popping the blister with a needle and then squeezing everything out isn't going to help anything?.

It sounds more like it's built up scar tissue or "the bump" that cartilage piercings are will known for getting. The top of my industrial had a tiny little bump on it when I had stopped doing salt soaks - I started doing them again and it was gone within 4 days.

If you really don't know what it is? Then go to a body piercer and explain to them what happened and they'll be able to suggest to you if it is indeed infected, or if it is just built up scar tissues - If it is infected they'll send you to the doctors to get antibiotics, IF the lump is just built up scar tissue they'll probably suggest you doing salt soaks and a Very MILD Water/Tea Tree Oil soak.

using a piercing gun it isnt the gun its the person if they play with it to much and all that or it rubs when sleeping ti will get infected it ill happen with a needlt also

1. Piercings guns have been proven on so many accounts to be dangerous for any piercing apart from ear lobe only - and even I wouldn't get my ear lobe pierced.

2. Piercing Studs that are loaded into a piercing gun are BLUNT - this doesn't actually pierce the skin like a piercing needle would, The piercing gun uses force to ram the blunt stud into your body.

3. People who use piercing guns to get cartilage piercings are insane - I have heard a couple of cases where people have actually used a piercing gun to get cartilage piercings and have heard the cartilage its self crack.

If you're going to get a piercing - get it done the correct way. Who cares if you have to pay a little more, I'd rather have healthy/healed piercing than a Sore/Swollen/Tender/Red/Infected piercing anyday.

I got my ear pierced (by a proffesional) a while ago and got a lump at the back too...

It's just scar tissue, it has stopped swelling and is just about half the size of a mozzie bite now, sometimes it flares up other times it's unnoticable.

What you have there mate is a cyst. They flare up when the build up inside gets too much, then they "burst", often you won't even notice this happening, the pain / itchyness just goes away.

Grab a pin tightly with a pair of pliars. Hold under the flame from your stove until bright red/glowing. Jam into the other ear.

Should take your mind of the sore one for a while .... :p

my advice is DONT GO STICKING LUMPS OF STEEL THROUGH YOURSELF i dont know about the youth of today and their obsession with sticking stuff through themselves

haha, for the gun, ive learned my lesson. my ear lobe was done about 10 years ago with a thumb tack and an ice cube, and my eye brow done last june with the needle, so i don't often use the gun. sadly the eyebrow grew out :(
Bourbs, you sound like the sanest one here, exactly what i WOULD do, but i think a trip to GP would work better. but not today, i'll go later. :D
i'd take pics, but there really isn't anything gross or pussy happening, which is why i'm not taking it as seriously as i should be. and Bill, be cool, get a tat. :)

Grab a pin tightly with a pair of pliars. Hold under the flame from your stove until bright red/glowing. Jam into the other ear.

Should take your mind of the sore one for a while .... :p

best advice so far :lol:

Don't blame the gun

The problem was not the gun or the operator, the piercing was healing fine. A proffessional is not necessarally better than an amatuer. You all know that better than most.
The problem is the tear and the fact that it healed in the wrong place.
You'll always have a scar. If that bothers you you'll need to see a GP and get a referral to a plastic surgeon.
Or you may decide to just wear the scar.
If there is still any infection you may need to see a GP anyway for a treatment to heal it up properly. If there is any foriegn matter inside it can go on for a long time.
When it's healed properly you may want to put in another piercing to cover the scar. Just remember it could all start over again.

Last edited:
my advice is DONT GO STICKING LUMPS OF STEEL THROUGH YOURSELF i dont know about the youth of today and their obsession with sticking stuff through themselves

I don't stick lumps of steel through myself - I pay someone else to stick lumps of steel through me!

i concur, i have never done the sticking myself, its always been by a more responsible person.
...no, by a more experienced person, that probably more applicable.

the lump is less obvious today, my head did get knocked around a bit roughly NYE night, but today its just bruised and slightly lumpy, so ill still visit the GP tomorrow.
Josh

I've only recently started getting piercings done professionally again... Stopped trusting other people to do piercings when the piercer stuffed up my lip piercing in every way possible. Bit the bullet 6 months back and went to a piercer and am pretty happy with the result. I still prefer self piercing though

I have many scars like that on and in my ears, Years of bordem! they keep coming and going. But have seen some real bad ones that did need a doctor so it all depends on how bad it is. I still prefer doin my own too.

ive just now had a good look in the mirror, and the back of the ear is bruised too, but it doesn't really hurt to touch. the lumps only small, but the bruise is a bit obvious.
wish me luck, i may not live through it!
Josh

yea I figure if i can do it myself, then I will.. If its a more complicated one then ill call in a professional. I do draw the line when my mates ask me to pierce them though. Atleast if I stuff up one of my own piercings theres nobody else to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back