pig hunting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got one with a 303 the other day, but that's only because I saw it before the dogs got to it, usually when using dogs they will get there first and you won't be able to shoot it without hitting your dog's so you have to stab them.

A 303 will go straight through a pig, quite effective in killing them, I wouldn't go any smaller then a 223

whats kind of dogs you using?

im a proud WHITE australian.

Who cares what colour you think you are.

It only matters if you're a decent human being

....and that you're good to your mother.

IsK

Last edited:
If your dogs are new at hunting, when you do get your first pig and gut it pull the blader out and get your dogs to taste the pee then tip it over them, it will help with tracking it the future

there all just mungrels pretty much. The holder is a dane cross, the tracker is pitbull cross

cool... used to have a mixed dog called clyde i think he had more cattle dog and pitbull in him then anything else but he would pick up a sent disappear and then you would hear him barking and he would have a pig cornered and waiting for you ...
just had to find him first :)

If your dogs are new at hunting, when you do get your first pig and gut it pull the blader out and get your dogs to taste the pee then tip it over them, it will help with tracking it the future

really i never heard that one? is that an old husbands tale?

cool... used to have a mixed dog called clyde i think he had more cattle dog and pitbull in him then anything else but he would pick up a sent disappear and then you would hear him barking and he would have a pig cornered and waiting for you ...
just had to find him first :)

Yes it can be a pain finding them, I had to kill a pig in the middle of a swamp the other day that was about neck deep, about an hour after that we saw a croc in a creek that ran into the swap. That trip was the biggest adventure of my life. We got three pigs we were lost for about 3 hours and we got attacked by wasps about 20 times, oh and there was a big storm, we thought we were going to have to spend the night out there.

the dogs were bought of a local pig hunter in brisbane and for the people saying this is a reptile related site than y is it i posted in in off topic lately all people do on this site is argue my mums freind gets 200 bucks a boar i found out and if i say oh im going out aswell 2 get the dogs to kill foxes some of the hippies on this site would start crying or wata bout chucking cats in the back yard with the dogs well......................................i dont see anything wrong with killing ferals

reece

and also were can i get a pitbull cause i thought their wernt allowed in australia lol

to sell pigs you must be acredited, you need stainless racks and running water on your vehicle, your dogs must be housed so they cannot touch the carcus, there cannot be bites on the pigs body they must be dressed to standard. thats the regs that i can remember off the top of my head. You need to sell a hell of alot of pigs before you even start to make any money most of the year at the boxes i know of they pay about 40-50 cents a kilo up to 50 kilo and around 50-70 cents for over 50 kilo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back