Pig Hunting???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hate pigs full stop, for the damage they cause to our environment, get rid of them all, they are a menace to our native flora and fauna.

LOL, Im not gonna touch that for a little while yet, hahaha...I don't believe in taking natives for sport myself, but I do know that it gives me the shtz when people get up me about hunting when they don't understand my reasons or motivation. (thats not a swing at you chris, thats just me explaining why Im not going off the handle right not :lol:)

yeah there has been a massive thread on shooting roos before, probably worth reading if you have a day to waste... probably wise not to try to read to much into what i have said in this thread.

Yeah it is good if you are helping a farmer get rid of a boar when they are into the crops.Most of the time it is just you & a mate taking the dogs for a midnight walk lol .......not very eventfull

Been with dogs and knives and guns, nothin makes you run so fast to the nearest tree than with a boar up your coight!!

LOL, imagine how he feels, hahaha (he'd never admit it though, cause by the time he's tellin the story its all over and he's still on the adrenalin high). I've been bogged to halfway up my calves in thick mud when bowhunting once, with my mate (my 'backup') in the same predicatment 2m directly behind me, and a REALLY annoyed 85KG sow less than 3m directly infront of me (rendering my backup useless, lol). We were hunting by moonlight trying to get around a bank of reeds to get a close go at the family group on the other side and had to go through the mud cause the wind was coming from the land side....we both got stuck at exactly the same time the sow decided to say hello.....that really was one of those moments when all you can hear is blood pounding in your ears (broadheads are pretty-much usless at close range, especially when presented with a skull to shoot through and you don't have a chiesel tip notched on your string). Im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad my old man gave me a really good quality knife for my birthday a few years back.

My backup told me later that as the sow came in he was yelling at me to hit the deck so he could fire over me (which we've done before, and he was using quad blade chisel tips)...but I honestly couldnt hear him to save my life. I swore off bowhunting after that night.....and that lasted exactly 24 hours....cause we were out there for a week and got back in the next night, lol.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D:D:D yep,, only last week I was hearing about my hubby and his mate sitting in a tree while the dog and the boar had a stand off under them LOL... of course it was only funny because they were okay in the end:)

I learnt I can climb trees very well! And when chasin down a pack of em how to jump a barb wire fence without stoppin. Don't those little buggers go off when ya catch one of them though!!!

From all the photos the boys have got and watching all the footage they've brought back.. and watching all the DVDs... I am soooooo jealous. I'd love to go, just once.. I'd probably ****** myself.. but geez it'd be fun.:)

It is a good day out grumpy, go for it!!! Keeps you on your toes. I'm not really in the know with anyone who does go anymore as it was years ago i went, but would go if i could!

It's a shame you live so far away. My hubby goes out nearly every weekend. There are so many property owners here screaming for people to help out. I think there is about 4 or 5 different guys he goes out with to all different places. They go days and nights, and they've all said that if they didn't have to go to work, they wouldn't be back for a week at a time. Most of the time it's just one of his mates and him and the dog. You'd have a ball!!!!

LOL.. you could always move south! :D

Haha, used to live in Jimboomba - bugger, if only I knew. Will be in Bris in a couple of weeks too for my mother-in-laws wedding. MAybe I should ditch hubby and the wedding and meet up for some pig hunting!! Hhahaha the mother-in-law would really love me then!

Grumpy if Im ever down that way Im inviting myself out with your husband whether he likes it or not....its soooo hard to find places to hunt, too many inconsiderate tools have stuffed it up for the rest of us.

LOL..Tan... . that would go down like a bag of cement!!! But what hell....hahahaha.
But......... you need to venture a little further south if you want to meet up with the boys for a bit of tag...lol Look at my location

Grumpy if Im ever down that way Im inviting myself out with your husband whether he likes it or not....its soooo hard to find places to hunt, to many inconsiderate tools have stuffed it up for the rest of us.

I'll let him know... I'm sure that won't be a problem. LOL @ tools.... that's exactly what he calls them!!:lol::lol::lol:

LOL closer to bris than tsv, hehe. Never mind, I do know where I would rather be. On a plus though, the wedding is being held on their acreage and there is a reserve and a huge waterhole etc just to the left, I've already stated I am taking off to do some herping right after the vows! HAHAHA

Haha, and a hook. Time for bed, nite grumpy!

driving slowly through the hills and the dogs jump off the ute up the hill circle and return we sit and watch
so we keep driving and off they went again up and over the hill so the chase was on we run up the hill following the dogs we head along the ridge and stop to listen. Off in the distance we can just make out the glow sticks so running again through black berry bushes and light timber we can see the dogs have something bailed up down near the river we get there to find a stinking wombat (goto love wombats)
so its a brisk walk back to the ute and off we go again the dogs jump a few time to find nothing after about 15 min of nothing there off up the hill all you could see was the glow sticks vanishing into the distance so we head of in walk whe the big grunty squeel comes from over the hill with a new sence of urgency (this property has not produced anything smaller than 100kg dressed) we head up and over the hill to find 1 dog on the ground 3 dogs trying to lug onto the pig they finally did to give us a very nice 137kg dressed boar.
with the injuries treated and injured dog put back into the cage( his night was over) we kept hunting we were driving for about 45min and the dogs were off again this time it was alot more open and the mate went after the dogs and i drove slowly to the when i get a call on the radio come pick me up. dogs no where to be see we i called them back and drove to me mate who was giving me instructions on where to go to get to him and when i did get there i found him lying there about 5m out from a 4 meter cliff he had just run off going flat out. so i helped him into the ute and waited for the dogs to return and we called it a night.
He spent a week in hospital we lost the injured dog about 3 days later. so now he only goes pig shooting thinks its alot safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back