pink tongued skinks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanharvey1993

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
my friends pink tongued skink is sick it doesnt move or open its eyes but it is still brething its got a big lump inside its belly its only a juvy and its only been eating slugs and snails.

how long has it been like this? should have taken it to a vet before it got like this

Sometimes an animal can end up like that overnight without many noticeable signs beforehand, getting it to a vet is the best course of action though...until you can get it to the vet keep it warm. How big are the slugs and snails that it has been eating and has the temperature in its enclosure been optimal (not sure myself what optimal is for pink tongues but anyone who keeps them should). The problem could be that the young lizard has not digested its food properly. Hornet's advice however is the best anyone could give you, get it to a vet asap.

well vet might have been a good idea from day 1, get it to one asap or its not going to make it

probably not the problem but could it have been caused by snail bait?

Hornet, you are telling him he should of taken the skink to the vet a long time ago, yet you didnt take your turtle straight away?

i didnt as the vet was away on holidays and your saying that because i was unable to get my animals to the vet it gives him an excuse to do the same???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back